Reef Aquarium Fact #211 The Tech M magnesium treatment really does work for eliminating bryopsis!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We are going to continue discussing the reef aquarium facts submitted by our members. Do you agree or disagree? What are your thoughts?

Fact #211

The Tech M magnesium treatment really does work for eliminating bryopsis!

MORE ON THIS SUBJECT: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/ne...nstructions-adding-kent-tech-m-magnesium.html

True or False and what do you have to add to this subject? Please share your photos as well! :D

503415.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone with experience?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool and keep us updated!

mfinn how much and often did you dose?

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its worked for me. Dosing depends on volume of tank but basically you just need to use it to boost the magnesium up high, I boost it to about 1700 or even a bit higher to 1800 and the bryopsis fades color and dies off. I do water changes after a week as the die off can cause other issues if left to decay in the tank. Then I add more Tech M to keep it from coming back, at this point I keep it at about 1600 for another month or so. Then I bring it back down to 1250. Tech M can be dosed in pretty large volumes, you don't need to drip it or anything. Just pour it in and raise the magnesium over the course of about 3 or 4 days. Try and cut away as much bryopsis as possible before hand. If possible, pour the Tech M right on the Bryopsis or use a turkey baster and squirt it right on the heavy areas.

Last edited:

ingtar_shinowa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it works but its certainly not a replacement for good husbandry. Im going to start adding it. My RODI cartridges got a little kaputz....

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it just the kent tech M or does raising the mag in any way work. I read somewhere it was another ingredient in the kent tech m that helped with byrop...just curious

bean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost 2 years ago I had a outbreak that was spreading radidly. I used Tech M and it never came back

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back