Reef Aquarium Fact #81 Don't eat your shrooms!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We are going to continue discussing the reef aquarium facts submitted by our members. Do you agree or disagree? What are your thoughts?

Fact #81

Mushroom smell like water chestnuts. Especially if you cut them. Do not add them to your salad.

Truth or False? What else might we need to learn on this subject? Please also share any pictures that may pertain to the subject. ;)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you all agree? LOL!

Steven R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disagree every time I have cut one it smelled like fish especially after it starts to slime but maybe there is something I am missing? Then again I have never actually looked for that certain smell to come from a mushroom.

aquabull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talk about a cleansing! Wow! Don't listen to the caterpillar Alice! Do not eat the 'shrooms!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lol!

scouncil

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LOVE water chestnuts (in casseroles and in salads), but mushrooms from the tank that have been cut don't smell that way to me. Do you cleanse them with something? Everything in the tank that comes out smells fishy to me!!

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
xenia stinks the worst!

And I have never had the urge to eat anything in my tank...not even the Nori, and I love sushi!

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like even if u could eat coral u wouldn't want to. The textures are just all wrong. Obviously sps are totally out, as with lps. That really only leaves softies and nems. Neither seems appealing. Most of it seems like big hunks of slime or grisle. Ich, and i don't mean the parasite!

Back