Reef Aquariums that INSPIRE! What tank is your inspiration?

Do you get inspired by other peoples reef aquariums?

• YES (tell us which ones in the thread)

Votes: 196 87.5%
  • NO

Votes: 22 9.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 2.7%

• Total voters

Ober_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m for sure inspired by other peoples tanks every day. Anything large enough for a great variety of fish and coral inspire me. A good example would be melevsreef on YouTube. Also anyone with a fish room inspires me because I am beyond out of space under my tank and my next tank in my next house will definitely be plumbed to a basement/worst case an adjacent room.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Still amazing.​

REEF OF THE MONTH - December 2021: Wesley's Reef - A Floating Masterpiece​

1668557349942.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 5.11.22 PM.png
I remember reading that and being in awe of the blue spotted ray. I still love it!

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to pick just one, but I definitely do, a couple have already been named in this thread. From scape ideas to coral placement ideas, lighting, fish room/sump setups. I’ve always been more into the more natural reef looking tanks, that you more commonly saw in the 90s/early 2000s, so it’s refreshing to see those setups when done really well.

StewL6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like Abe’s tanks (Coral Euphoria Utube) with his attention to detail and outstanding Acro’s Colonies. But the tanks that really inspire me is a guy in South Korea that lives in a condo about 20 stories up he has three tanks a Main Display tank just full of great SPS and LPS colonies. He also has a great selection of fish. He also has two Frag tanks loaded with frags and colonies all organized by type and color. On utube he is Pedro Shin. I think I watch his videos every week at least a few times for inspiration and direction. I would also like to thank Jake Adams for all the inspiration and learnings over the years RIP Jake.

CC_N

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
idk who is is but is it the aquarium with the bandit angels and the bedroom aquarium with the kingis on Seafriendlyreefs is the ones inspires me the most. I also like the coolwater lps aquarium too.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love seeing the variety of tanks on here, and the way people get creative with how they set their tanks is always fascinating for me to look at. It usually gives me an idea of how I want to do my tank in the future or what ways I can get creative with it as well!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back