Reef Aspirations: What do aspire your reef tank to be?

Do you have reef tank aspirations and visions?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 149 86.6%
  • NO

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I aspire for vibrance and growth. I want my tank to become mature and enable me to start my road on sps. I wish that things go smoothly and that my fish stay healthy. For My dreams to come true and my tank become a slice of the ocean

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like others have mentioned. The most important thing I want from my tank is happy, HEALTHY inhabitants. My tank is small but it’s the focal point of our living room/den. When the tank is lit, the TV is rarely on.
I like a tank that is crammed full of life and color and I’m to the point where I need to let things to continue to grow and fill in without adding any more to it.
My Wife kids me about not having any room for water!

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What do you "aspire" your reef tank to be? My tank was built to be Furniture in the room. Something my last tank was not LOL. From a clean aesthetic, to a great aquascape. Fish that are different from each other in color to give the most from a glance.

2. What defines your reef tank vision?
The vision for my latest tank is simplicity, yet power. Im choosing simpler colorful smaller fish so there is always activity on the reef. Coral will be a mix, but ive built out my dosing plan as well. I have an Apex, but im using it in a way of knowledge. I have feed modes setup for voice, and by button etc, and alerts up the rear to make sure im informed of my ecosystem at all times. I also work at home, so it keeps me from tinkering... For me my vision is a tank i get lost in each night when i feed it, and takes away the stress of the day.

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been in the hobby 15 years on my 3rd tank major upgrade but I know my limitations and stick to it.
I think thats half the battle of long term enjoyment of the hobby. Knowing what suits you, and sticking to it. Ive had large tanks 220 125 etc, and they didnt bring the same joy my 90 and now my 72 do. Its my happy zone i guess.

Ayce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I want a small (20 gal.) bookcase top tank with2-4 corals, 4-5 fish. No big complicated system, just an ATO. Probably an AIO with some chemipure and filter pads in the sump. Many of us want a huge tank but while I love those tanks I simply do not have the time for a big tank.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This go round, after my disastrous move to a new tank, I am playing with softies, maxi mini carpets, rock flowers, and malus mostly. Some zoas and palys and maybe a few shrooms too. I have clams and want a couple more, but all my fish are done and just get to watch them grow up. Simple, self maintaining, beautiful patch reef.

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beauty is the aspiration. Your reef is living art.

Keeping everything alive and thriving is the never ending challenge. A vacation can devastate a reef tank without the proper supports.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aspirations. The aspiration is to create a tank varied and beautiful which also requires minimum maintenance. It should be the focal point of my house. You can see it when you come in the house, the lights grab your eyes and pull you toward it. As you get closer you see a multitude of gorgeous fish and corals. Fish darting about, mandarin hunting pods, corals swaying in the flow. I want a tank that people want to come and visit and see what new things they can find.
What he said.... :p
All That What GIF by chelsiekenyon

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After years of having big tanks I'm forced to go no bigger than 20gal for space reasons.

Always looking to be unorthodox and test the limits of small tanks ....Im trying to set up a binary 20L..one half will be big colonies of zoas and the other half SPS. Had some set backs at first, but its coming together. Of all things its flow thats hard to manage.

andrecr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion without a vision what's the point of having a reef tank? It can change with time but if you don't imagine something you will acomplish nothing.

I'm LPS and Soft Coral fan so my main objective is to keep some of the rarest corals and propagate them, get more people the chance to keep them for a good price. Also when the tank matures I want to keep some Acros :)

And in the end I want a mixed reef where fish and coral thrive in harmony and growth. I have also some goals to give back to the ocean, whenever I have multiple frags I would like to donate some to reef restauration associations.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the Skies part and a golden beam of light shines on my tank and a deep voice says, "You are my Child in whom I'm well pleased"...... then I'll be happy

loop glow GIF

Simply__J

@MoriReef45
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vision? Oh yes I have a vision. To have the top 1/3 of my tank be filled with colorful SPS, the mid 1/3 with flowy LPS, bottom 1/3 clean sand funky corals!

srcleary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting back into the hobby with a new large (820) tank. Will be FOWLR. I am creating a theme for the aquascape but don't want to use any resins, epoxies, foam, etc. So I am using Marco rock and rebuilding a miniature replica of the ruins of Palmyra (in Syria). There will be lots of columns, swim throughs and decaying walls. Again all made with Marco rock (cut into blocks) , Glue Master superglue and aragonite sand. No faux corals.

For livestock I am wanting to go with a variety of semi-aggressive and striking predators. Crosshatch Triggers, Blonde Naso Tangs, Scribbler Angels, Banana Eels, etc. I am trying to pair up or create trios whenever possible.

Obviously a healthy environment that is relatively easy to maintain is important. My "vision" may end up being beyond my resources (time and $$$) so it might be a dream and praying it doesn't turn into a nightmare. :)

I have started a thread on my build for anyone interested.

See Gee Sea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My aspiration is to be rid of diatoms once and for all! One year later I STILL have them on the sand bed. I need to do an ICP test I think.

Back