Reef Aspirations: What do aspire your reef tank to be?

Do you have reef tank aspirations and visions?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 149 86.6%
  • NO

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Aspirations are to have around 30-40 fish successfully living together! I have had 16 now, living together and healthy for the past 1.5 years. I'm hoping to continue to add more and top out at 30-40 in my 340 gallon, and have a lot of SPS and LPS corals. I'd say in 2 years of operation I am halfway there. I found a major issue of my phosphates being .55692 with and ICP test completed last weekend. So, finding a way to keep phosphates in check while increasing fish populations. :)

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once did want to do a full reef, but complexity and expense stymied me. Now, having read on forums of so many reef tank crashes and problems costing into the thousands, I have no desire whatsoever to do anything beyond a fish-only.
Softies!!!

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just about ready to order a new tank from Glasscages. 48*18*21. 75 gallon. I can NOT wait to get started. After my cube blew out last year I've only been running a little EVO. The new one will be simple.... Fish and softies, sump, skimmer, reactor, 2 Kessils or 2 a.i.'s.... ATO, Maybe all4reef as the only dose as needed. Simple.. nothing else. I must say it again.....NOTHING ELSE!!! muh-haw-hahahha.....

gesock

ReefGuyWannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To have my tank watched more than my TV by others. I already find myself sitting on the couch watching the tank instead of the TV (they are side by side). I can't concentrate on what's on as I find myself wondering what to do next to my new build.

So if anyone reads this I have a question. Do you need a GFO/Carbon Reactor and Skimmer if you have an algae scrubber?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back