Reef beverage: Do you feed liquid foods to your tank?

Do you feed liquid foods to your reef?

• Yes, regularly.

Votes: 219 41.6%
  • Yes, occasionally.

Votes: 173 32.8%
  • No.

Votes: 129 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 1.1%

• Total voters

oldbob50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100 ml live phyto and Acro Power 10 ml 3 times a week. (broadcast fed)
100 ml live Phyto, 10 ml of Micro-Vert and 1.5 ml Polyp-Booster 2 times a week. (Target fed)
100 ml live Phyto, 1/8 tsp of Reef-Roids and 1.5 ml Polyp-Booster 2 times a week. (Target fed)
8 ml of vodka daily to feed the bacteria.
While not listed as a food I daily add 50 ml of of a potassium nitrate solution (5g to 1L) to give the algae in the coral a boost. Normally I can't detect any nitrate in my system and this does seem to help.

MinnieMouse2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed spirulina powder and Reef Nutrition SD aquatics for clams and all sea life. I broad cast it over the tank inhabitants.

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All this liquid food is so expensive, so I tried feeding my corals something different, my wife's "Healthy food", but she found out and now I have to vacuum our carpets for next 4 weeks.:frowning-face:

Attachments

• GreenFood.jpg
    GreenFood.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 40

Royce White

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mixture of Rotifers,Copepod powder, Soirulina, Reef Roids,Garlic all In small amounts, mixed in with mixture of chopped seafood.

AMYv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to feed AB+ every day but fell off the routine. Didn’t notice any difference when feeding more or less tbh

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I do if you include RedSea AB+. I also use SeaChem Reef Plus a couple times a week also. I’m planning on starting to dose with Phyto again to help boost my pod population .

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been feeding Reef Nutrition mysis feast and AquaEdibles super eggs for a while now. Just squirt a little bit of each in front of the gyre pump. I'm not a huge fan of the mysis feast, I think my fish prefer the Rod's frozen over it - but they all go CRAZY for the eggs. I like feeding those at night as soon as the lights start to dim down. The fish look like Pac Man gobbling them up, lol.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same for me with the mysis feast. My tanks really didn't take to it. But I do use ROE and feed corals AB+. I cut the phyto out. I was on the fence whether it was doing anything or not. I'm trying to simplify things and sticking with a minimalist approach.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back