Reef Breeders Photon V2+ LED Light: The Definitive Review

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out this excellent write-up by Marcin Smok with Reefs.com!

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

DRam22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent write-up! Love my V2. Didn’t know about the other mounting option. Will have to look into that

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of purchasing a V2 light but after the lack of service that out of the question.

View Badges
Everytime I Emailed Logan he got back to me Fast,That’s good service to me.and help helps also with settings and they coming up with an app also. Will buy again got 2,3foot v2s. With rails a yr ago message home the other day and he message me back fast .Thats good service again.you might have wrong email address..lol and 2 yr warranty also On lights.

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a look at the thread below this. How long it’s gone without a basic answer. V2 Battery.

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can't wait for Dana to dig into this light, should be interesting as it's been around for a long time but doesn't seem to get a ton of traction. A bit of a sleeper light, stuck somewhere between black boxes and "premium" lights...

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great article! I am very pleased with the V2. It's my second from Reef Breeders. I ran my first one for over 5 years and purchased the second after my tank reboot last fall. Logan was great to work with both times and always responded to my questions. I wasn't sure whether the 48 or the 50 would work best inside my canopy and Logan recommended the 50", which fit perfectly. The V2 is much more sleek than my original Reef Breeders light, and we were able to actually move the brackets up a few inches where the light is about 8 inches above the waterline. The corals are happy, so I'm happy! ;Joyful

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can't wait for Dana to dig into this light, should be interesting as it's been around for a long time but doesn't seem to get a ton of traction. A bit of a sleeper light, stuck somewhere between black boxes and "premium" lights...

For what its worth. I ditched my radions for Photons years ago and never looked back!

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a look at the thread below this. How long it’s gone without a basic answer. V2 Battery.
I already answered your question in another thread:

"2 x 12v, 2.2Ah cells for a total of 24v, 4.4 amp hours. I just received updated information from the factory on this."

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t know that a reef forum was supposed to be a customer service line. He can’t set every forum/social media to alert him if mention the company name. That on top of email notices would be a non-stop alert. An actual email to the proper route will elicit a super fast response.

ShellSea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up my Photon V2+ and love it. I ran the Photon v1 for the last 6 years and was still getting decent par readings but thought I might get some more growth with the newer array of spectrums.
Right now started with max 30% on both blues but will work up to 60 or 70 over the next few weeks.
Logan and any customer service I have needed over the years have been awesome! Thought about spending twice as much but in the end decided to stick with a proven winner! Great job Reefbreeders!

SoAg Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefbreeders and Logan particularly have excellent customer service. I have the V2+ and ATO from them along with a light bar. For the back mount, which is very sturdy, Logan even sent me an 8” extension instead of the 6 and 12 it came with at time of purchase. I’m glad to see battlecorals uses the same light so his corals will love the lighting in my tank ;)

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up my Photon V2+ and love it. I ran the Photon v1 for the last 6 years and was still getting decent par readings but thought I might get some more growth with the newer array of spectrums.
Right now started with max 30% on both blues but will work up to 60 or 70 over the next few weeks.
Logan and any customer service I have needed over the years have been awesome! Thought about spending twice as much but in the end decided to stick with a proven winner! Great job Reefbreeders!

Let me know what you think when both blues are up that high. I'm very slowly working my way up on the blues as well. Yes, Logan and team do a great job! The Photon V2 is also my second Reefbreeders light. If fact, I used that fabulous shipping box to store my original Reefbreeders light, which is out in the garage, just in case I ever had to switch them out temporarily for some reason. Love your home town. One of my favorite places!

SoAg Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is how I run mine

CDBB7416-201F-494E-8E74-8EC2570F37AE.png

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back