Reef Breeders Photon V2 light won't turn off as scheduled

GreekGoddess

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am new to the forum and fairly new to reefing with just about 2 years experience. I have been using the Reef Breeders Photon V2 (not the V2+) for the entire 2 years and have never had an issue...until now. The light will not turn off as programmed; I have to manually turn the lights off. The light comes on and changes lighting as scheduled. I have tried resetting the remote but still have been unsuccessful in correcting the issue. And yes, all color channels are set to zero for the times that I want the lighting to turn off.

I was going to purchase the upgrade kit prior to this mishap; but want to make sure this is not a wasted upgrade and my problem will still persist. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can also sometimes lose their program, and you have to re-program all 24 hours.
The one I had seemed to do it when charging the remote. What I had to do, was plug the remote into the cord BEFORE I plugged the cord to the outlet.

OP
OP
GreekGoddess

GreekGoddess

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Not familiar with the light but @Reef Breeders is on the forums, maybe they will chime in with some ideas.
Yes I have been in contact, tried the recommendations but nothing changed. Then a day later, the light and remote were back in sync. They are working together again.

OP
OP
GreekGoddess

GreekGoddess

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can also sometimes lose their program, and you have to re-program all 24 hours.
The one I had seemed to do it when charging the remote. What I had to do, was plug the remote into the cord BEFORE I plugged the cord to the outlet.
Thank you. I will keep this in mind. Light and remote are back in sync. I had unplugged; then reprogrammed. The problem was still there but a day later all worked out. I don’t whether to be happy or not since I don’t know what caused or fixed the issue. I guess patience is always key.

OscarHaglund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bit of a necro post here but i have seen that my newly aquired second hand light shines a low intensity red when according to the schedule it should be turned off. If i go into the scheduler and then press ok the lights will turn off. Anyone know ehats going on?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bit of a necro post here but i have seen that my newly aquired second hand light shines a low intensity red when according to the schedule it should be turned off. If i go into the scheduler and then press ok the lights will turn off. Anyone know ehats going on?
Hmmm, good question. Almost sounds like the tuning is off. Have you contacted Logan?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back