OP
Dj City

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what MY tank looks like with the OR Artic T247's mounted.

20180215_155938.jpg

I have the intensity vey low. Blue is 7 and white is on 2 (I think. Will double check when I get home).

I want to get them mounted differently.
I might be able to hang them without serious wall work.

How would I go about connecting the lights in this orientation so I can use only two hang wires (one on each side)?

OP
OP
Dj City

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good. I'm happy with them. great spread and nice color. I'm not worried about ramping up and down (sunrise / sunset) because I've still got the current usa orbit on the tank so I'm using that for ramping.
I'm going slow with intensity of the OR's but so far, all corals are responding really well.

Last edited:

brad65ford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same boat, i to desire full cover since i like to grow corals on the back glass. Never been a fan if jacking up the lights 2 feet above the water line to get spread. Current I have a 525xl reefer which is just under 60". I've run 2 ophek's but I still didn't get the spread I was after. Added other light fixture to them but didn't like the color mixing and mess above. Looking for a solution as well, though of running 4 t247's but don't think I will get the front to back coverage either. The other option was to run 50" Photon v2's but that is closely and the over all lenght is around 47 which doesn't cover the sides. This is a good thread please post more guys including results since it nice to know I'm not along in looking for running blanket covering leds on long tanks.

OP
OP
Dj City

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the 3 T247's, I get blanket coverage front to back, side to side and top to bottom.
I am still turning the intensity up very slowly.
Right now I'm on 20% blue and 15% white with a lot of room to go much brighter if I want.
I do NOT have a disco ball effect at all.

I'm happy with the lights. I have growth, everything seems to be happy. No brown outs, no bleach outs.
Very nice color to the eye and nice to the corals.
I will post more pics later.

brad65ford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep us posted, I slapped on an old t247 I had on my 40g fusion and have it hung 14" above the water. Curious about your par reading for your corals if they are responding well too.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 61 30.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 73 36.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.0%
Back