Reef Brite question

llovasco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone running just Reef Brite XHO’s over a mixed reef? I am thinking a 50/50 and an actinic blue over the tank. Tank is 12”W x 30”L x 24” deep and I was looking at the 24” lights mounted about 6” above. Will this give me sufficient PAR for some easy coral?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the BRS video on them. They appear fantastic. I'm thinking of adding some my self

OP
OP
llovasco

llovasco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the BRS video on them. They appear fantastic. I'm thinking of adding some my self
I have watched it so much I can pretty much recite it to myself, LOL. I would agree from what they show I am impressed but I am brand new to all of this. This seems to be a cost effective way to put a light on my tank and not completely break the bank but still be able to have some coral.

Every time I think I have decided I find another opinion out there and start this second guess using them as a stand alone

OP
OP
llovasco

llovasco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it an issue that the 50/50 on the XHO cannot have each channel dimmed separately? I am guessing I would have to turn off that entire strip in the evening and then would only be running a single actinic XHO and even during the day that strip would be dimmed as to not to overwhelm the tank in white light. Would that be sufficient par for my tank?

is it a better choice to use the Lumi lite pro that has separate channel dimming for the 50/50 and an XHO for the actinic strip?

Back