Reef Cleaners (Consistently Awesme)

BlueFynn_Ian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm constantly amazed by the quality of everything I get from Reef Cleaners. Just had an order get delivered with turbos, astraeas, nassarius, dwarf ceriths, bumblebees and some halimeda plants. Every snail was clean, lively and moving around the tank cleaning within seconds of introduction. I usually try to stick with my LFS but really cannot beat getting inverts from online with Reef Cleaners. Thanks again!

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm constantly amazed by the quality of everything I get from Reef Cleaners. Just had an order get delivered with turbos, astraeas, nassarius, dwarf ceriths, bumblebees and some halimeda plants. Every snail was clean, lively and moving around the tank cleaning within seconds of introduction. I usually try to stick with my LFS but really cannot beat getting inverts from online with Reef Cleaners. Thanks again!
I remember a post similar to this one, but written by me. You simply cannot beat the service that John provides. I mean the dude says his crabs eat bubble algae, if they don’t then he sends a different one. What a guy! And always good prices

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Did you UPS or overnight?

I need snails at some point here.

SaracensRugby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any concern about introducing pests to your systems through them? I have been burned by Brook and am very very cautious as a result now.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any concern about introducing pests to your systems through them? I have been burned by Brook and am very very cautious as a result now.
Here's a snippet of what John (ReefCleaners) said last year,,, so just for reference:

It is always best practice to quarantine anything you receive, no matter the source really. We try to reduce risk of contamination by keeping our invertebrate tanks coral and fish free. When we do have coral it is separated from invertebrates to reduce the risk that coral pests can hitchhike. We do not carry fish.

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in the Florida panhandle and just got an order yesterday. Used priority mail. Everything except 1 peppermint shrimp was lively. Took 2 days. Their order system is great with regular updates and John always sends a personal message to thank you. I love that they have stuff you don’t regularly see too.
6B8CDD48-B6AC-4940-939A-8EC9B26C5E24.png

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have snails in my tank from them that have been going a couple of years now - the LFS ones always struggled to make it
IMG_8938.jpg

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added 15 peppermint shrimp from John. 1 was doa which I didn't even bother contacting John about. 14 out of 15 is pretty good success shipping from Florida to Ohio in winter IMO. Now if the aiptasia starts to disappear like the shrimp did when placed in the 180g with lots of rock I'll be even more happy :face-with-tears-of-joy:

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was about to post a new thread but I’ll tag onto this one…

Has anyone filled out the form on their web page for a recommended cuc? I filled one out this weekend and haven’t seen an email yet. Just curious if it takes a while.

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was about to post a new thread but I’ll tag onto this one…

Has anyone filled out the form on their web page for a recommended cuc? I filled one out this weekend and haven’t seen an email yet. Just curious if it takes a while.
I haven't ever used the form, but you might be better off just emailing John directly. try [email protected]

xCROv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you're QTing your CUC, even from Reefcleaners. I had some hermits come through with Aiptasia and Hydroids. I know it's bound to happen but wish it wasn't some of the first livestock added to the tank lol. John was pretty quick to correct it.

Last edited:

Lilman446

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in the Florida panhandle and just got an order yesterday. Used priority mail. Everything except 1 peppermint shrimp was lively. Took 2 days. Their order system is great with regular updates and John always sends a personal message to thank you. I love that they have stuff you don’t regularly see too.
6B8CDD48-B6AC-4940-939A-8EC9B26C5E24.png

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 56 84.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.5%
Back