Reef club manasota???

AWChief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to the Bradenton area and I am new to the saltwater reef life. I am always looking for info on corals and fish in the area! Right now I have a 75 gallon and I want to start stocking it with corals. What are some of the better stores to start searching?

Jeremy
[email protected]

Cristy17

Sunshine Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jeremy! I moved to Bradenton Jan. 2018. I also have a 75g dt. The two reef places I frequent are Coral Connection and Frag Freak, both in Sarasota.There is also a reef club called Reef Visions Community which I literally just joined. The first meeting I am attending is this Sat. You can find them on Facebook. Meanwhile, I will send you my email along with a couple others that are local and have provided theirs to me. Welcome and lets get that 75 filled!

B.reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just joined, live in Venice area. Just started reefing. Have a biocube 16 LED. So far it’s going good. Birds nest, 3 Zoa frags, hammer, Cyphastrea, green star polyp, gonipora, 2 clowns and a heavy clean up crew. Interested to see how it looks in 6-12 months.
Are you still reefing? I live in Venice, I have a 125 gal. reef tank. Let me know.

RKeenan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! Happy new year! Just wanted to stop in and say hi and try to meet some other local reefers. Have a couple of tanks now but in the process of setting up an upgrade from RS425 to a 625g2 and a biocube 32 to a RS300g2.

Cowboys5sb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey..I just moved to the Manasota area in Jan. 2018. I have been searching for a fellow reefer! I actually live in Bradenton but find myself shopping in Sarasota alot. Going to look at your build thread now.
I live in Sarasota. I haven't had a reef tank since I moved here but am in the process of building one. Where do you like to shop? I've been to 2 stores in the area lately and was quite disappointed. Maybe I'm spoiled having done all my reefing in Orlando previously.

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Sarasota. I haven't had a reef tank since I moved here but am in the process of building one. Where do you like to shop? I've been to 2 stores in the area lately and was quite disappointed. Maybe I'm spoiled having done all my reefing in Orlando previously.
Well, this is not Orlando but I am curious which stores you have visited. I have shopped from Gainesville to Miami to Naples.

Welcome to the area and the group.

Frag Freak in Sarasota recently closed.
A few others in Sarasota that I just don't shop much. The store in Venice - no.
Coral Connection (Sarasota is run by a good guy who knows his stuff).
The Coral Zoo ( Bradenton) is the store I visit the most.
The BoardRoom in Ft. Myers is my other "go to store".
In Cape Coral is Seven Seas. Absolutely beautiful store.
Life Oceanic (Riverview) has got very good stuff.
Then you get up into Tampa area - 3-4 nice stores there. In particular I shop Coral Corral and Aquasia.

Best of luck,
Henry

Cowboys5sb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this is not Orlando but I am curious which stores you have visited. I have shopped from Gainesville to Miami to Naples.

Welcome to the area and the group.

Frag Freak in Sarasota recently closed.
A few others in Sarasota that I just don't shop much. The store in Venice - no.
Coral Connection (Sarasota is run by a good guy who knows his stuff).
The Coral Zoo ( Bradenton) is the store I visit the most.
The BoardRoom in Ft. Myers is my other "go to store".
In Cape Coral is Seven Seas. Absolutely beautiful store.
Life Oceanic (Riverview) has got very good stuff.
Then you get up into Tampa area - 3-4 nice stores there. In particular I shop Coral Corral and Aquasia.

Best of luck,
Henry
I did visit the Coral Connection and The Coral Zoo. Both run by nice folks, both looked neglected.

There is a new store opening in Sarasota, my wife noticed them building it out next to her gym. It's called Breaking Coral, but I can't find any information on it opening. Maybe soon.

We may take a drive down to Cape Coral to visit Seven Seas, have heard good things.

I still have a week before water goes into the tank. But will check out more stores when ready. Hoping to find more of the traditional, soft corals and leathers, rather than named collector stuff.

Thanks, Henry.

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did visit the Coral Connection and The Coral Zoo. Both run by nice folks, both looked neglected.

There is a new store opening in Sarasota, my wife noticed them building it out next to her gym. It's called Breaking Coral, but I can't find any information on it opening. Maybe soon.

We may take a drive down to Cape Coral to visit Seven Seas, have heard good things.

I still have a week before water goes into the tank. But will check out more stores when ready. Hoping to find more of the traditional, soft corals and leathers, rather than named collector stuff.

Thanks, Henry.
Good luck in your search. I think you must have caught The Coral Zoo on a bad day.
Definitely make the trip to visit Matt at Aquasia, the Coral Corral in Tampa, and Life Oceanic in Riverview.

Jesse Sunday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Happy Friday! I can't believe I didn't see this thread earlier. I'm in Sarasota / Bradenton and love the info here!

Thanks all for sharing. Looking forward to chatting more and maybe meeting you guys soon!

Cristy17

Sunshine Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jesse. I’m glad you found us. We haven’t had any meet ups or done anything as a group but maybe we will at some point. I am glad you liked the info. Lots of stores to explore if you are willing to drive a bit.

Jesse Sunday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hi Jesse. I’m glad you found us. We haven’t had any meet ups or done anything as a group but maybe we will at some point. I am glad you liked the info. Lots of stores to explore if you are willing to drive a bit.

Thanks for the welcome! Based on the thread above, I might check out the Coral Zoo later today! :)

I've been getting my livestock at Seascapes in Sarasota (Gulf Gate area), but I'm just down the road from the Zoo, so I might as well check it out!

I have a year-ish old 32g BioCute and a newly setup 90g Reefer 350 so I'll be looking for stock in the 90g soon! (currently, just a few shrimp, urchin, 3 Chromis and cheapie corals)

Happy Sunday!

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back