Reef currents, Texas frag fest. How are we gonna get our coral from Florida to Texas!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RiptideAquaculture

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
From Florida to Texas! All for a frag swap!? What the heck was I thinking!! Not only is it a 13 hour drive with a ton of coral, but it’s called the “Texas two step”. Because we will be attending two conventions in one weekend. Yup pack up on Saturday the 11th at reef currents and set up at Texas Coral Fest on the 12. Mind you these are about 3-4 hours drive apart!! In all fairness I’m happy to do it, seeing old friends and meeting new people makes it worth it. And we brought a TON of killer stuff! This thread is going to focus on our trip!! So if you ever wondered how the coral vendors do it this is how!! Let’s start this out right with the cargo we are bringing with us, the coral!

Last edited:
OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
We just made it across the Florida - Georgia line! Only 497 miles to go! hopefully the hotel will lets us check in really really early since we are getting in town at 4:10am lol :oops:

Attachments

• IMG_3274.PNG
    IMG_3274.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Something else we didn’t expect while loading was that the venue was on the second floor.
Check out how we had to get all our stuff up

Attachments

• 6DF5AB01-4C46-428F-AE64-EE93EF3DFAA3.jpeg
    6DF5AB01-4C46-428F-AE64-EE93EF3DFAA3.jpeg
    256.9 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hopefully we will be dropping some of our favorite pieces of the show. More than likely it will be later this evening

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jealous! I'm so, so far away. This part is the country could care less about cool coral, no cool shows or events ever up here. All online ordering for me, send cool frags to idaho, lol.

But seriously, your booth looks amazing, and your inventory is killer.

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Jealous! I'm so, so far away. This part is the country could care less about cool coral, no cool shows or events ever up here. All online ordering for me, send cool frags to idaho, lol.

But seriously, your booth looks amazing, and your inventory is killer.
What state are you in bud? I though everyone has at least one local show in there area!?

Thank you, this was the first swap with those tank. It turned out very well!

I’d be happy to ship you a killer pack my friend!

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What state are you in bud? I though everyone has at least one local show in there area!?

Thank you, this was the first swap with those tank. It turned out very well!

I’d be happy to ship you a killer pack my friend!

I'm in North Central Idaho. I've looked around for local clubs and events, but the clubs are not really local, most are far north of me or far south. I have a 4hr drive one way to Spokane Wa, where there is one dedicated coral store, but they're still a small operation, a step above hobbyist.

All the cool stuff is in Florida, lol. Understandable though, the ocean makes more sense when you can see it. Up here in backwoods idee-ho, people only care for trees and deers.

I've totally been stalking your site. It will happen. I'm gathering equipment for a 75g that hopefully will be wet by Christmas.
Dude Spying GIF by Originals

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm in North Central Idaho. I've looked around for local clubs and events, but the clubs are not really local, most are far north of me or far south. I have a 4hr drive one way to Spokane Wa, where there is one dedicated coral store, but they're still a small operation, a step above hobbyist.

All the cool stuff is in Florida, lol. Understandable though, the ocean makes more sense when you can see it. Up here in backwoods idee-ho, people only care for trees and deers.

I've totally been stalking your site. It will happen. I'm gathering equipment for a 75g that hopefully will be wet by Christmas.
if you ever decide to make a trip to FL there is always plenty to do and see. if your really lucky maybe plan your trip around Reef a palooza orlando and really get the best out of your trip!

brightlifeaquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I agree with reef tides, I go to Orlando every year for RAP, from Wisconsin. You could spend weeks going to all the stores and seeing goodies!!!

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I agree with reef tides, I go to Orlando every year for RAP, from Wisconsin. You could spend weeks going to all the stores and seeing goodies!!!
orlando is a killer show . no show holds a candle to it . its worth the trip

#RiptideAquaculture *** We've been around longer lol ;)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 45 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.5%
Back