Reef Delete is a New Way to Sterilize Aiptasia and Other Pests

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

hbash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I strongly suggest you read up on this. The reef delete is not even close to being anything like a laser. Lasers just burn stuff releasing spores and also do good jobs of blinding your unsuspecting cat sitting across the room! The Reef Delete uses a specific UV-C light spectrum thst changes the tissues DNA and as such kills the pest from within. As with aptasia they are attracted to UV initially they don’t see it as a threat until it’s too late and as such release little to no spores. Any released are caught within the angle of the UV-C light spread. Way off being a unsuspecting cat blinder sorry.
I think you didn’t catch the point. Any pest out of sight won’t be handled by ANY thing that need be pointed at pest to eradicate.

AQD-Seneye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you didn’t catch the point. Any pest out of sight won’t be handled by ANY thing that need be pointed at pest to eradicate.
The vast majority of pests are photosynthetic including all algae and aptasia etc, therefore will be within sight to Eradicated within the UV-C beam. The Reef Delete also comes with a micro targeting snoop accessory.

hbash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The vast majority of pests are photosynthetic including all algae and aptasia etc, therefore will be within sight to Eradicated within the UV-C beam. The Reef Delete also comes with a micro targeting snoop accessory.
Aptasia have mouths and eat whatever they catch.

AQD-Seneye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I just started using the reef delete and this product is a game changer.

Blue clove polyps have taken a beating after the first treatment.

Question For the manufacturer or @AQD-Seneye

When rinsing the device off after use, instructions state to “rinse the reef delete snd the electrodes (part 8) in clean R.O.”.

When rinsing, should we remove the electrode under shield? Or just dip the entire device into the clean water?

AQD-Seneye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I just started using the reef delete and this product is a game changer.

Blue clove polyps have taken a beating after the first treatment.

Question For the manufacturer or @AQD-Seneye

When rinsing the device off after use, instructions state to “rinse the reef delete snd the electrodes (part 8) in clean R.O.”.

When rinsing, should we remove the electrode under shield? Or just dip the entire device into the clean water?
Rinse entire device, this rinses off any salt residue keeping the device clean ready for next use.

AQD-Seneye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huge stock arriving in USA this week
Aqua Cave
Premium Aquatics
Saltwater Aquarium
Many LFS coming online with Reef Delete also. Canadian LFS stock arrives this week also.
If you are an LFS and wish to stock Reef Delete please reach out to [email protected] 613 868 7593 end users please email or text (not call sorry our phone will be jammed) for local stockists. All technical support goes to [email protected]

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So stoked! I received a few email updates the past couple days about my Reef Delete in transit. I can't wait until it arrives. I have plenty of willing test subjects in my kitchen tank.

20211221_224136.jpg
Any update on its efficacy?

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a possibility of making an attachment for the unit to extend and reach into deeper tanks or hard to reach corners?

AQD-Seneye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be all over this, but the price is pretty steep!
How much do you spend in 3 years on other attempts to control pests? Also talk to your LFS many are renting them out, talk to them about buying one in and renting it for $50 a weekend. you get to rent an amazing gardening tool and also helping your dealer. just ask them to email [email protected]

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back