Reef Dreamin’: What would your dream monster tank look like?

What would your dream monster tank look like?

• It would be really, really big

Votes: 123 28.3%
  • It would be jammed with corals

Votes: 144 33.1%
  • It would be filled with fish

Votes: 104 23.9%
  • I would try to duplicate a slice of a natural reef

Votes: 179 41.1%
  • I’m focused on what my tank looks like no matter the size

Votes: 119 27.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 15 3.4%

• Total voters

ScubaShane

MENTAL REEF DISORDER!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this video you linked yesterday....today this aquarium exploded injuring two people and resulting in the tragic loss of around 1500 tropical fish :(

Really sad for this to happen, and a little shocked about the timing of viewing the linked video and today's news!
No way! Really! Thats so crazy! Do you know the cause?

Dreamscape Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way! Really! Thats so crazy! Do you know the cause?

Well, there are no official conclusions made. But this tank had been "renovated/modernized" a couple of years ago. Some (myself included) believe something they did then caused it. The aquarium had been functioning without any issues for many years before this so nothing else makes much sense.

No matter the cause though, this was a huge tragedy! All those beautiful (and many of them rare) fish! Very sad... But at least no serious injuries to humans. If it had happened during the peak of the day we would be talking about dead fish and probably dead people as well...

Moscar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After having a "bigger tank" an almost 400g tank, I would have to say that bigger can be overrated. It was for me. But it's like anything in life. You generally want what you don't have. Have a little tank you want a big tank. Have a big tank you want a smaller tank for ease etc.. But in regards to the question at hand, sad to say, I don't want a BIG tank anymore. Although my small tank might be someones bigger tank. So my big tank now looks like a tank around 200g, peninsula, less rock but made with shelves and islands and chalked full of flowing corals. :)
My Dream tank turned into 2 small tanks. Multiple tanks might be the "new big" for a few of us.

Moscar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, there are no official conclusions made. But this tank had been "renovated/modernized" a couple of years ago. Some (myself included) believe something they did then caused it. The aquarium had been functioning without any issues for many years before this so nothing else makes much sense.

No matter the cause though, this was a huge tragedy! All those beautiful (and many of them rare) fish! Very sad... But at least no serious injuries to humans. If it had happened during the peak of the day we would be talking about dead fish and probably dead people as well...
Not sure if you have heard this; but the weather was super cold and the tank was located in an atrium...temperature stress maybe?

SamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I only dream something which can I have someday. Dream tank for me would be a tank that's easy to work with(think lighting, skimmer, flow, supplements, water changes...), grows amazing corals, can host some of the large tangs and has lots of viewing length.....With that in mind, I have been dreaming about this for last several years - room divider between living and dining room with a fish room on the overflow side.
Dimension would be 12 feet by 3 feet by 27 inches. Its just little over 1000 gallon. Its not too much to ask for :). I can still get away with 50 gallon water changes each week. no crazy powerheads and pumps required. Two regular skimmers would work And I can work on aquascape from each side without having to dip my head in the water.

Someday!!!

Sam

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back