• Total voters

jphilip813

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Yeah you should definitely turn off your skimmer. I will turn mine off for an hour to allow it fully circulate my tank and give all the coral a chance to get some.
I actually turn mine off for two hours to prevent any skimmer overflow...skimmer shuts off at 8:30pm and comes back on at 10:30pm daily via the Apex Neptune and Doser.

Arawk408

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hey Guys,

When is a good time to start using Red Sea AB+? Is it more for a established tank with multiple corals? Or can I use this product in my 75G tank with about 20 frags of SPS/LPS when they are much bigger. I've noticed a 2 of my SPS have went white in some areas but they are slowly bouncing back. Will AB+ Help with these type of situations?

Placenta89

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I've been using it for about 5 months and did the recommended dosage broadcast every other day. I think the coral really enjoyed it but I had a massive explosion of spiriorbid worms cover all my glass, sump and back panel. I stopped dosing it to see if that had anything to do with it and, 3 weeks later they stopped growing on the glass and Numbers went down significantly. And I mean absolutely covered. Once they go down I'm gonna start dosing again because the coral had a very good response to it and I'll see if those little worms come back. I think broadcast is the way to go, I had some negative reactions on my Euphyllia when I spot fed. I never did it over night either, only Did it on the ramp down time but maybe I'll try this overnight method.

jphilip813

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hey Guys,

When is a good time to start using Red Sea AB+? Is it more for a established tank with multiple corals? Or can I use this product in my 75G tank with about 20 frags of SPS/LPS when they are much bigger. I've noticed a 2 of my SPS have went white in some areas but they are slowly bouncing back. Will AB+ Help with these type of situations?
To answer your question...YES...just follow the direction and put about half of the recommended dosage at first and work your way up. I had great results, my BTA split into two. Also, just a word of advice, If using via a doser, AB+ can only stay out of the refrigerator for 7 days...after that, the rest is no good, which includes the amount in the dosing lines. I personally stopped using AB+ as of two weeks ago and switched to Brightwell CoralAmino (it does NOT need refrigeration, but is concentrated, and I dose it via the doser)...

Dannyboy402

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I stopped both ab+ and brightwell coral amino. I didn't see anything worthwhile when using them for about 3 months each. I'm now onto Acropower and i've been using it for about 2 weeks now. So too soon to say if it works or not. I have friends who have used it with good results.

AlgaeBarn

Have you ever torn down a tank over an issue you couldn't seem to beat?

• Yes! I have. (Tell us about what issue you faced in the thread.)

Votes: 178 24.3%
  • No. Thankfully, I haven't.

Votes: 377 51.5%
  • Nope, but it almost happened. (Share your experience in the thread.)

Votes: 55 7.5%
  • Not yet, but I'm almost there. (Tell us what you're dealing with.)

Votes: 61 8.3%
  • If you reef long enough, this will eventually happen to you.

Votes: 47 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 14 1.9%
First Choice