Reef flux question

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using reef flux to combat bryopsis algae thats been an absolute pain in my butt. I notice for the instructions it says the treatment takes 14 days and after 3 days you can turn your skimmer back on.
My question is will turning my skimmer on cause any hard or help the treatment in any way?
I am 4 days in and the algae is starting to die but is still there. I also turned my skimmer back on.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

It will not hurt or really help. It is going to go nuts, same as after chemiclean. I turned it on just for the O2. I will say hold off on the recommenced water change until day 13 or 14 for best results

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

It will not hurt or really help. It is going to go nuts, same as after chemiclean. I turned it on just for the O2. I will say hold off on the recommenced water change until day 13 or 14 for best results
Oh okay!
Last question. Do you know if it helps with hair algae? Some sources say no sone say yes. I notice my hair algae changing color but after 6 days the bryopsis is almost all gone but hair algae slightly changed color but is still strong.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have hair, (tank and head :D ) so cannot say for sure. I had bad turf and it did take about a week to really start seeing a change. It cannot hurt to manually remove what you can. I saw color change to rusty brown the first week then the second week it started to become noticeable that it was disappearing. Run some form of mechanical filter like a sock or pads and change out often.

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have hair, (tank and head :D ) so cannot say for sure. I had bad turf and it did take about a week to really start seeing a change. It cannot hurt to manually remove what you can. I saw color change to rusty brown the first week then the second week it started to become noticeable that it was disappearing. Run some form of mechanical filter like a sock or pads and change out often.
I have filter floss running. I swap it every 2 or 3 days. I added some gfo to drop the phosphate. I cant read my phosphate test to save my life.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back