Reef Flux Treatment

fowler279

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So dealing with a little bit of Bryopsis and purchased some Reef Flux. It states on the bottle to do a 30% water change after 3 weeks. I normally do 4 gal a week on my 20G so do I need to skip water changes for 3 weeks for this to work? Just want to make sure that I use this correctly so I can get rid of the problem before it gets worse. Thanks

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So dealing with a little bit of Bryopsis and purchased some Reef Flux. It states on the bottle to do a 30% water change after 3 weeks. I normally do 4 gal a week on my 20G so do I need to skip water changes for 3 weeks for this to work? Just want to make sure that I use this correctly so I can get rid of the problem before it gets worse. Thanks
Correct.

namfuak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I was curious about the dosing. Is it supposed to be a single treatment or do you need to add more at a later date?

OP
OP
fowler279

fowler279

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my understanding its a single treatment unless you introduce more bryopsis into the system. Im a week into my treatment at this point and majority of the bryopsis is gone. 2 more weeks to go and will see how it goes.

ID-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
From my understanding its a single treatment unless you introduce more bryopsis into the system. Im a week into my treatment at this point and majority of the bryopsis is gone. 2 more weeks to go and will see how it goes.
Hoping you can give an update on your efforts. I have a 200 gal system with a fair amount of SPS, LPS etc. Few patches of Bryopsis popping up.

OP
OP
fowler279

fowler279

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping you can give an update on your efforts. I have a 200 gal system with a fair amount of SPS, LPS etc. Few patches of Bryopsis popping up.

Worked great for me. Nutrients spiked pretty bad during the almost 3 weeks as directions stated. Ended up stopping a few days shy of the full 3 weeks due to a few corals not looking great and mainly SPS. But did completely get rid of the Bryopsis that i had. Actually cleaned up pretty quickly. Id say close to 50% was gone in a week and the rest slowly over the next 10 days after that. I would say if your nutrients are in check before starting you should be fine. Mine were a little high to begin with but everything has recovered nicely.

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 mg/gal for 3 weeks and then a 25% WC and then additional 2 mg/gal for 2 weeks per a thread on here. The followup dose will help if you have high nutrients or GHA in addition.

OP
OP
fowler279

fowler279

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 mg/gal for 3 weeks and then a 25% WC and then additional 2 mg/gal for 2 weeks per a thread on here. The followup dose will help if you have high nutrients or GHA in addition.
I did 2 capsules for almost 3 weeks (20 gal system) then a 30% water change as per instructions. No GHA so did not do a follow up. But good to know that it can help with high nutrients.

Back