Reef lighting 75 gallon

JohnIsNewToReefKeeping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering what would be a good lighting setup for my 75 g. 48x18x21. I would like the light to grow anything like acro, zoanthid, & Lps. I have a budget of around $400. I know black boxes work but they don't give that "pop" that higher-end models like kessil and radion's do. I don't really think there is even good lights in this price range its either you spend $100 each for a black box or 1000+ for radions and kessils, nothing in the middle. I am only interested in LED and for it to be easily controlled via wifi or Bluetooth. Preferably a long bar light but puc lights are fine if there are any. Ive been looking for a while and haven't really found anything.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey and howdy

You are kinda limited on lighting options if your set on led. I suggest really shopping the Black Friday sales, clearance and used.

I’m not too familiar with any style of bar led that would be strong enough to run what you want in your tank. You would need at least 2 traditional led fixtures such as AI to cover your tank and 3 would be the recommended amount.

I have heard good thing about the black boxes though.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.0%
Back