Reef lighting 75 gallon

JohnIsNewToReefKeeping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering what would be a good lighting setup for my 75 g. 48x18x21. I would like the light to grow anything like acro, zoanthid, & Lps. I have a budget of around $400. I know black boxes work but they don't give that "pop" that higher-end models like kessil and radion's do. I don't really think there is even good lights in this price range its either you spend $100 each for a black box or 1000+ for radions and kessils, nothing in the middle. I am only interested in LED and for it to be easily controlled via wifi or Bluetooth. Preferably a long bar light but puc lights are fine if there are any. Ive been looking for a while and haven't really found anything.

Nooooooooob1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At $100, you're looking at black box LED's. I've had these for two years and they have worked great for everything.

But check out SBReef Lights. I hear they make some legit quality black box type lights. Have you considered T5 at all?

NormanB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was recently in your position while bringing a 75 online. I looked and looked, didn't want to go the marsaqua route and not the radio type price range either. The middle ground for a tank this size and in one fixture is just about nil.

I ended up biting the bullet and sprung for the rest breeders photon 48-v2+. The light will grow anything you want in your 75 looks well built produces a nice light though programming at first isn't the easiest.

OP
OP
J

JohnIsNewToReefKeeping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had black boxes and didn't really like them since the fans got really loud. I am currently using these new types of LEDs but i don't like the color they give out into the tank

I mean they give off 300 par at the top of the tank and at the send bed its around 100 so the lights are sufficient but like i said before aren't really ideal. I don't know I was thinking about buying one of the older radions or older kessils.

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SB reef. Either a pair of 18 wifi, or do what I did, and order a 45 wifi model. On sale right now for black Friday I believe. A bit over budget but will grow everything, and everything.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back