Reef News Network and ReefWeeds present: The Super Mega Awesome Shrimp Bowl Build.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Are you going to enter the contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ReefWeeds

Artist, Coral Hoarder and Proud Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those of you that know me, know I suffer from MTS - Multiple Tank Syndrome. My friend @metrokat thought there was hope for me, but nope. NO HOPE!

I've been wanting to do a shrimp bowl for a couple years and my friend Peter from @ReefNewsNetwork and I came up with this awesome contest! This will be the official thread. Here is a link to the podcast talking about the Contest and details are as follows:

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS AS OF 8/28:
R2R: @Reef Breeders Instagram: reef breeders
R2R: @MDiBonaventura Instagram: Michael.dibonaventura
R2R: @Collinslice Instagram: meer_wasser
R2R: @Swayne_07 Instagram: reefshine_seth
R2R: @Reef_Freak720 Soxfreak720
R2R: @Good_vibes_reefing Instagram: good_vibes_alive
R2R: @Reefnewswifey Instagram: LaurieCherrick
R2R: @ilyad Instagram: TideBox
R2R: @Adele Instagram: alb22018
R2R: @Noice Instagram: jpwagner74
R2R: @TheFishLady Instagram: themysteriouslever
R2R: @lkoechle Instagram: lkoechle_reef
R2R: @Mariaface Instagram: mariafacesaid
R2R: @AnemoneBay Instagram: fannypack_hater
R2R: @ThunderGoose Instagram: ThunderGooseAq
R2R: Unknown Instagram: jonnydixon73
R2R: @BahamaLlamaCoral Instagram: bahamallamacoral
R2R: @TheEngineer Instagram: dmsalamon
R2R: @judmccracken Instagram: judmccracken
R2R: @VKP01 Instagram: howrefreshinghowshrimp
R2R: @TessGlo Instagram: ReefDeepInLove
R2R: @hkm94 Instagram: hkm94
R2R: Unknown Instagram: dariaczl
R2R: @LiveWire Instagram: LiveWireAquatics
R2R: @Kali Instagram: gryhund
R2R: @Melanie Fish Instagram: @melaneezer
R2R: @dwags5810 Instagram: wagsh

REEF NEWS NETWORK AND REEFWEEDS PRESENTS THE SUPER MEGA AWESOME SHRIMP BOWL BUILD CONTEST, SPONSORED BY:

PetShrimp.com
OSA Corals @OSA
ReefBreeders
@MarineDepot
Fritz Aquatics @Fritz Aquatics
CaribSea

Some information about SuperShrimp:

Why SuperShrimp? “Well, because they are the coolest, most easy to take care of, and one of the longest lived pets (20+ years) out there! “Easy” seems to be a fashionable word to use nowadays when it comes to advertising, even if it really does not describe what’s being sold accurately. In this case, though, it’s spot on. How about setting up an aquarium, and then never change water again…ever!? Yes, Supershrimp do not ever need a water change. How about a pet that needs food only once or twice a month? How about a pet that can live in a half a gallon aquarium….for over 20 years? How about having 50 pets in that half a gallon? Did we mention that they still don’t need a water change? All 50 of them. Supershrimp aren’t shy either. These blood red shrimp will run and swim around all day long, entertaining both children and adults practically forever. Forever? Yes, forever. Not only do these shrimp live over 20 years, they will also reproduce in your tank once they feel fully comfortable. One day you’ll discover tiny larvae floating around in your tank that will turn into miniature versions of the adults in two week’s time….and you don’t even have to feed the larvae as they come with their own food supply (yolk sac). This is truly the perfect pet. No matter if you want a small, portable super-nano tank on your office desk with 20-50 shrimp, or you want to emulate their habitats by having hundreds or thousands of these creatures in larger tanks, there is no other pet in the world that can keep up with the Supershrimp when it comes to ease of care, interesting behavior and characteristics, and long term fun that could be passed on from generation to generation. A true mini-habitat in your living room or office. – PetShrimp.com

Register: Between July 18 and August 18 (deadline) - click here to register

Guidelines:
  • Container: Any tank or container can be used as long as it does not exceed 2 gallons
  • Livestock & Macro: Must be purchased from PetShrimp.com, the addition of mangrove is the ONLY other live item that can be added not offered by PetShrimp.com 10% discount for all contestants: RNN10
  • Decoration: There is no cap or direction on what you can use for substrate, rock, wood or decoration as long as it as NOT LIVE (see above). The focus of this contest is to show what you can do with a small space and very tight guidelines. Be creative, have fun and MOST OF ALL, please respect the livestock and use ONLY items that are safe for them
  • Step by Step setup instructions to be used as a guideline: https://www.petshrimp.com/set-up-a-supershrimp-tank-step-by-step-instructions/

!!!IMPORTANT DATES!!!
Register:
July 18 to September 4
Tank Build Starts: August 19 Ends: October 31
Voting: November 1 to 15
Live Winner Announcement: November 16

Rules:
  • To enter: YOU MUST register at Reef News Network at the link provided above and below and YOU MUST be a Reef2Reef Member (signup is free)
  • Weekly Updates: Must submit weekly tank shots on Instagram, tag @ReefNewsNetwork and hashtag #RNNShrimpContest in addition post on the Reef2Reef forum thread Reef News Network and ReefWeeds present: The Super Mega Awesome Shrimp Bowl Build. Contestants can only miss one week of the weekly posts, if you miss more than one week, you will be disqualified

Contest open to Continental US Residents only

The contest ends on October 31st. Voting will begin on November 1st and run through November 15th. There will be three prizes:

1. Best Overall Shrimp Build – Grand Prize (Waterbox Cube 20 complete tank setup)
2. Best Scape – Second Prize (TBD)
3. Most budget-friendly – Third Prize (TBD)

Prizes will be given every 3 weeks to all currently active contest members. All contestants will be given a # upon registration and giveaways will be performed by random number generator live on FaceBook

GRAND PRIZE
SPONSORED BY OSACORALS.COM, REEF BREEDERS, REEF NEWS NETWORK, FRITZ AQUATICS AND CARIBSEA
1 – Waterbox Cube 20 AIO provided by OSA Corals
1 – ReefBreeders LED Controllable light provided by ReefBreeders
1 – ReefBreeders Reef Power RP-26 Power Head provided by ReefBreeders
1 – Cobalt Neo-Therm Heater provided by Reef News Network
1 – Fritz Aquatic Start Kit (1 box of Salt, 1 Bottle of Turbo Start, 1 set of RPM Elements) provided by Fritz
2 – 20lbs Bags of Arag-alive Sand (users choice of type) provided by CaribSea
1 – 20lb Box of LifeRock Shapes provided by CaribSea

Addition prizes and sponsors will be announced throughout course of contest

Contestants can only win one final prize. Provided a contestant wins more than one category, the second in line for the next category wins that category

BEST AQUASCAPE PRIZE
SPONSORED BY MARINEDEPOT.COM
1 - Lifegard Aquatics Full View 7-Gallon Aquarium Kit which includes a bunch of accessories to get you going such as:
  • Light
  • Pump
  • Built-in Filtration
  • Heater
  • Algae Magnet Cleaner
  • Glass Lid
1 - Small set of Freshwater Rocks or Stones in the style of your choice (8 to choose from)

Here's an informative video about the prize:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

USER REGISTRATION: CLICK HERE!

That's IT! Isn't that exciting? We really want to make this fun for everyone. So join us! To listen to the podcast talking about the contest, follow this link!

opae_ula_plastic_towers_by_opaeulashrimp-d4sncv1.jpg

!!!USER REGISTRATION PRIZE!!!
All contestants that signed up BEFORE the original deadline of 8/19/18 will receive 3 entries to win this SCRUBBER! All entrants that register before the final deadline of 9/4/2018 will receive an entry. Drawing will be held on 9/5!!!!

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool!

Question. Can you use dry rock that might turn live? :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is sick! Hey are Peter and Jeremy from RNN on R2R? Wish I could enter this but I live internationally. A Mangrove tank with these shrimp would be awesome - hopefully you can get them in Europe (unlikely I know;)

We're going to be working with RNN here at R2R!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
ReefWeeds

ReefWeeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is sick! Hey are Peter and Jeremy from RNN on R2R? Wish I could enter this but I live internationally. A Mangrove tank with these shrimp would be awesome - hopefully you can get them in Europe (unlikely I know;)
They are!! There is @ReefNewsNetwork and then Peter’s personal account is @diablo243 and Jeremy is @JerSaint

The shrimp don’t ship internationally unfortunately :((

ReefNewsNetwork

#1 Saltwater and Reef Related Podcast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to be soooo much fun, and @revhtree you HAVE to do one, will be awesome to see how unique people can get in under 2ga!

Sunny, sorry buddy I’m bummed this has to be US only, but I’m going to do everything I can to get some love to our international fans!!!!

Sunny Goold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to be soooo much fun, and @revhtree you HAVE to do one, will be awesome to see how unique people can get in under 2ga!

Sunny, sorry buddy I’m bummed this has to be US only, but I’m going to do everything I can to get some love to our international fans!!!!
I know;) All good. It would be great for you to get some international sponsors but for me the best thing is I get to listen to the podcast each week (plus there was an extra one last week - yay)

OP
OP
ReefWeeds

ReefWeeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know;) All good. It would be great for you to get some international sponsors but for me the best thing is I get to listen to the podcast each week (plus there was an extra one last week - yay)

Oh boy. Peter’s head won’t fit through the door :p

Back