Reef News Network and ReefWeeds present: The Super Mega Awesome Shrimp Bowl Build.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Are you going to enter the contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Good_vibes_reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could not find any local so I had to turn to the eBay. They had many more leaves on them when they arrived but shipping took awhile to get here so I can understand why they would shed them. Only one of them that I placed in the tank I had to toss. All the others have new growth so I figure I will let them do what they wish to do. I will give them a few weeks and hope they start to get a better root going. They want to float so that has been a challenge as well.

Yeah really tried to keep absolutely everything local down to locally collected rock and driftwood treated for the bowl but I may fold to get what I really want unfortunately.

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah really tried to keep absolutely everything local down to locally collected rock and driftwood treated for the bowl but I may fold to get what I really want unfortunately.

Sometimes that’s what you have to do if the locals are not stocking what ya need. I tried 3 local stores so I gave it a good try before I went online.

TheFishLady

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My shrimp and macro are arriving tomorrow! The lamp has been doing great! I don't get much evaporation, but I imagine I will once I install a timer on the light. What kind of light cycle are y'all running for your macro?

Screenshot_20180921-141006.png

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My shrimp and macro are arriving tomorrow! The lamp has been doing great! I don't get much evaporation, but I imagine I will once I install a timer on the light. What kind of light cycle are y'all running for your macro?

Screenshot_20180921-141006.png
My shrimp came today and they are way more amazing than I expected.
My little 2 gal came with a battery powered light but it is more for show than continuous output. Luckily I have a nice window where my tank gets indirect light all day. Hope this will be adequate to get that macro going. My tree needs foliage.

TessGlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water just went in! Why did I make Easter Island Moai? When I read more about the SuperShimp and how adaptable and hardy they are it made me think about how SuperShrimp will most likely still be living when humans have destroyed the planet's resources, just like the Moai were left when humans used up Easter Island's resources such that the island could not support it's population. Thus, I had to make Moai.

This is sitting on my desk and I can't wait to see little SuperShrimp crawling all over the Moai. The Moai are set in Aquaforest stone fix with black sand and volcanic rock. Light is an old Fluval LED I had from one of their complete freshwater setups. The blue in front is landscaping glass, I mixed a few colors. The water should clear up a bit for next set of photos.

P_20180922_123604.jpg

P_20180922_123637.jpg

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how to tell the males from the females? I went back to the Petshrimp.com site but couldn't find any info. If its based on whisker length I'm going to have to get my magnifying glass out. lol Only a couple are very red the others are much lighter in color, so didn't know if this was a factor in determining sex.

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WEEK 5 UPDATE

Life got busy and I did not have any time at all to post an update, oh well... carrying on forward.

WEEK 6 UPDATE

Tank is definitely cycling, in fact I think by now its algae that the shrimp can eat. Will be placing my order today.

6a460e58a8f989fde5baaf3cdd54fab2.jpg

fd0c81413b7654ded8eeb0c4324fb8bc.png

Last edited:

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ReefWeeds , I just noticed my name is not listed as a participant in the first post...just making sure I am signed up.

JP Wagner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Week 6! Not sure if I need to post a fts every week or not but if I don't here's an awesome shot I got of one of the shrimp
85cb79029094a477aba686114362b97f.jpg

Need to post a pic on both IG and R2R every week. You can only miss one week.

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Week 6! Not sure if I need to post a fts every week or not but if I don't here's an awesome shot I got of one of the shrimp
85cb79029094a477aba686114362b97f.jpg
I think its a weekly post here and on IG. Great shot BTW. This little guy/gal is very colorful.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back