Reef News Network and ReefWeeds present: The Super Mega Awesome Shrimp Bowl Build.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Are you going to enter the contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
ReefWeeds

ReefWeeds

Artist, Coral Hoarder and Proud Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TessGlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shrimp are finally here! I was surprised how much they swim and move about the tank.

They are really concerned about the moai with a cheek injury :) (my effort to distress them to look old)
P_20181102_111942.jpg

Soo cute on the moai

P_20181102_112352 (1).jpg

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally think the end date should be as is. I think that’s fair to all the participants who have followed the contest rules week after week.
I’ m all for more give aways! But ready to roll on the voting too.
How will that work? Will there be a final photo submission to present to the “world”?

Collinslice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just went in and counted all the shrimp I could. Started with 22 of the little buggers and my count is currently at 18. No sight of any babies. I think I had a good amount of die off recently because there's a bacteria bloom going on. (Maybe the drop in the temp?).
But this was definitely a fun contest to be part of so thank you @ReefWeeds and @ReefNewsNetwork for putting this together for us.

Vote for me! I really want to switch this guy out for a full on saltwater setup!
95a871dd3ba88ebdc0a6e024f544b9cd.jpg

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just went in and counted all the shrimp I could. Started with 22 of the little buggers and my count is currently at 18. No sight of any babies. I think I had a good amount of die off recently because there's a bacteria bloom going on. (Maybe the drop in the temp?).
But this was definitely a fun contest to be part of so thank you @ReefWeeds and @ReefNewsNetwork for putting this together for us.

Vote for me! I really want to switch this guy out for a full on saltwater setup!
95a871dd3ba88ebdc0a6e024f544b9cd.jpg
Did you check under the toolbox?;) I started with 15 and I can only (attempt) to successfully count 12. No babies. Some shrimp are red, a few are quite pale.

Collinslice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did indeed! I found 5 adults but nothing I'd call a baby. Mine have gotten a lot more red the past couple weeks while a few remain pale.
I have yet to add any food to the system which may be why I have less than I started with haha
Did you check under the toolbox?;) I started with 15 and I can only (attempt) to successfully count 12. No babies. Some shrimp are red, a few are quite pale.

OP
OP
ReefWeeds

ReefWeeds

Artist, Coral Hoarder and Proud Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do we need to post a pic this week or no? If so I have some serious glass cleaning to do haha
Yup!! This is the LAST week to post photos! Peter @ReefNewsNetwork and I will start the wrap-up - and I need to figure out the best way to open voting!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back