Reef News Network and ReefWeeds present: The Super Mega Awesome Shrimp Bowl Build.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Are you going to enter the contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[/QUOTE]@LiveWire - still waiting on your address for print shipping![/QUOTE]

That is awesome!!!! Thank you! Address on its way.

Had some PC issues this week. I will be updating my progress this weekend.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ReefWeeds

ReefWeeds

Artist, Coral Hoarder and Proud Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LiveWire - still waiting on your address for print shipping![/QUOTE]

That is awesome!!!! Thank you! Address on its way.

Had some PC issues this week. I will be updating my progress this weekend.[/QUOTE]
Got it!!!

OP
OP
ReefWeeds

ReefWeeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys! We have three entries so far-
@Collinslice @Adele and @VKP01 !! Just a reminder to be in the final voting we need to get your writeup and 4-5 photos!
I hit post too soon! We need a couple paragraphs about your experience and a few photos, one being final state! And we need them by 11:59 PM tomorrow!

Collinslice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
ReefWeeds

ReefWeeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

JP Wagner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current status and last contest post is the tank is still doing extremely well. The shrimp are thriving and all is well. We have not seen any baby shrimp so I am thinking that we have all males? Our build was easy and simple and if we can do this all over again next year we will be much more creative. The glass gets a little dirty as it is sitting close to the back door where it gets light from the sun but not directly. With the sun light the mangroves still did not thrive and we ended with only two in the tank. The moss is still about the same size as it was when it arrived so we are guessing that the mangroves that did make it were the taking up all the nutrients. We had a great time with this contest and were very happy to do it with our R2R family. Good luck to everyone. We will continue to update progress from time to time and any changes that we make.

IMG_4608.HEIC.jpg

IMG_4612.HEIC.jpg

Collinslice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sand separation stayed really well for you! That takes some skill
Current status and last contest post is the tank is still doing extremely well. The shrimp are thriving and all is well. We have not seen any baby shrimp so I am thinking that we have all males? Our build was easy and simple and if we can do this all over again next year we will be much more creative. The glass gets a little dirty as it is sitting close to the back door where it gets light from the sun but not directly. With the sun light the mangroves still did not thrive and we ended with only two in the tank. The moss is still about the same size as it was when it arrived so we are guessing that the mangroves that did make it were the taking up all the nutrients. We had a great time with this contest and were very happy to do it with our R2R family. Good luck to everyone. We will continue to update progress from time to time and any changes that we make.

IMG_4608.HEIC.jpg

IMG_4612.HEIC.jpg

hkm94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys! PLEASE READ!!

If you have completed the contest, please send a direct message to me, @JerSaint and @ReefNewsNetwork (one message, not separately) with the following:

5 photos of your journey and the final state of your shrimp tank

A couple/few Paragraphs about your experience, what you liked, what you didn’t, and anything else you want to add!

I’m not sure which way voting will go whether it’s a forum vote or the three of us make the decision but this will be the start! If you want to be considered for the final three grand prizes (and some other fun stuff), please send this by Sunday, November 11th by 11:59 Pm EST!

Do you have a list of the people who made it to the end?

OP
OP
ReefWeeds

ReefWeeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a list of the people who made it to the end?
I’ll be meeting with Jeremy and Peter tomorrow and the three of us will post the finals! I’ll post up the entries for final contestants though

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 50 56.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back