Reef News Network and ReefWeeds present: The Super Mega Awesome Shrimp Bowl Build.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Are you going to enter the contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Good_vibes_reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some pieces in and got my tank in. Trim is going gloss white. Just waiting on my glass cutter because someone on eBay listed the tank as plastic but it's definitely not haha.

Anyone else have stuff collected yet?

Nice! Can’t wait to see the setup!

Got out and collected some natural decorations for the tank last weekend and picked up some trash while my wife and I were picking out rocks and driftwood. All soaked in bleach to kill any bacteria and in its 3rd RO water bath to clear the bleach and make them nice and clean.

I’m still searching for the right tank,bowl, who knows yet hahaha

08fc2ff0991a65006ccf75a0849fc814.png
577f0b7e23a5cc7c5f815fc0b66b481c.png

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some pieces in and got my tank in. Trim is going gloss white. Just waiting on my glass cutter because someone on eBay listed the tank as plastic but it's definitely not haha.

Anyone else have stuff collected yet?
I got my 1.5 gal in yesterday and a few decorative pcs. I cannot believe this is 1.5 gallons. it looks like something I would put candy in. Got to "think" smaller. ;)
Some of the other stuff I was going to scape with apparently will not be here till mid to late August, :( so I am going to have to rethink inside the box, or go a different route.

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Got out and collected some natural decorations for the tank last weekend and picked up some trash while my wife and I were picking out rocks and driftwood. All soaked in bleach to kill any bacteria and in its 3rd RO water bath to clear the bleach and make them nice and clean.

Nice resources!!!

Good_vibes_reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0CCCF063-541B-4740-97E5-FFF40D951E40.jpeg

Welp.... looks like I’m in!

This is technically a 2.2 gallon tank but it won’t be filled all the way. Is that OK?

How could you not?! Haha

As far as I understand it’s total water volume so after sand and deco you should be good [emoji106]

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a R2 unit in the background?:p @TheEngineer
Haha. Oh man, you win the attentive photo viewer award. :)

It is one of the old sharper image robots. It has a giant remote control with a video monitor that you can drive it around and interact with people. It also has two serving trays for drinks and snacks. Before you go too far, NO I DID NOT EVER USE THIS AT PARTIES! I'm a nerd, but not that kind of nerd :cool: The battery on it is dead and I haven't taken the time to find a replacement. So it sits like a sentinel at the door to my office.;Stig

You could have noticed my freshly painted dining room across the hall that used to be purple, but NOOOOOOOOO.... :p

OP
OP
ReefWeeds

ReefWeeds

Artist, Coral Hoarder and Proud Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I love it! Talk about creativity!

OP
OP
ReefWeeds

ReefWeeds

Artist, Coral Hoarder and Proud Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do we have an updated list of current competitors??
We do! I’m a slacker. I need to update the first thread! Sorry guys! I’ve been painting painting painting and more painting for aquashella!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back