Reef News Network and ReefWeeds present: The Super Mega Awesome Shrimp Bowl Build.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Are you going to enter the contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sandra A Sultana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys!! Just a final reminder that if you haven’t done so, you have until midnight tonight to submit your final write up via message to me, Peter and Jeremy!!

Tomorrow the three of us will be chatting and will pick the five final finalists! Then we will open it up to a vote for the public!

I vote for Melanie fish. Sorry couldn’t figure out how to vote otherwise I would’ve followed the instructions. ‍♀️♀️I simply couldn’t find any.

Sandra A Sultana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I vote for Melanie fish. Sorry couldn’t figure out how to vote otherwise I would’ve followed the instructions. ‍ :):(:rolleyes:o_OI simply couldn’t find any.

Collinslice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to post an update for you all!
Freshly cleaned. I have about 18 shrimp still kicking and 1-2 snails from the 24 shrimp and 12 snails I started with. I've had to prune the cheato twice as it took over the entire top of the tank.
ceac59b6a650bd108c46d6bb9f145e6b.jpg

JerSaint

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to post an update for you all!
Freshly cleaned. I have about 18 shrimp still kicking and 1-2 snails from the 24 shrimp and 12 snails I started with. I've had to prune the cheato twice as it took over the entire top of the tank.
ceac59b6a650bd108c46d6bb9f145e6b.jpg

Looks great!! I think my snails have bred but not the shrimp. I may be down to 2-4 shrimp from my original 12, can’t be sure as I have never seen more than 1-2 at a time!

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5+ years later, how many of you still have this tank up and running?

Mine has been in at my works since I set it up, although moved from a cubicle to an office a few years back. Still all original sand, rocks, and inhabitants. A small amount of snails still alive and god knows what generation of shrimp. Also still have one of the original moss balls alive.

Besides topping off with distilled water, and the light on a timer, there has been 0 maintenance and maybe 5 feedings.

IMG_3928.jpeg

IMG_3933.jpeg

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we need more of these type of "contest" I tried to set one up years ago, even had a sponsor willing to give some gear...reached out to Rev. & the mods but never heard back....
anyway cool that your is still up and running!

TheFishLady

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have the lamp tank set up any more. But I did go see opae ula in their natural habitat in Hawaii a few years ago!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 49 83.1%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.1%
Back