Reef Octopus 6" Regal 150INT Internal Protein Skimmer not Bubbling

AI Nero 5

cdfjr1975

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My skimmer stopped bubbling even though the pump is still running. I thought it may be dirty so I cleaned the unit. I have checked the the airflow and when I cover the air intake I see the levels drop so I don't think it is that. I have moved the gate valve through all positions but still no bubbles. Not sure what else I'm supposed to check so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Forgot, one thing I did notice at one point was a large bubble form in the skimmer and raise up to the top and burst.

I have an image of the skimmer attached.

PXL_20210624_174629863.jpg

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Although it isn't a complete answer, this thread may provide a tip or two to try:

OP
C

cdfjr1975

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thanks for the link. I have had mine running well for three years until just recently. Since this is the first chamber in the sump it is a constant water level, unless all of a sudden it does not like this water level. I will move it up and down to see if it improves but the other dialing in I've tried. And funny, but I have had the same issue as well in the link about the power and overflowing if it is raised too high. But at least it saves the pump life. I almost wonder if that is the problem now. I wonder if I should get another pump and see if that is the issue. 10X points at BRS so it is sort of a discount. Shame to spend more money.

AI Hydra

When is the last time you purchased cleanup crew critters?

• Past few days

Votes: 56 11.6%
  • Past few weeks

Votes: 131 27.1%
  • Past few months

Votes: 157 32.5%
  • Over a half a year

Votes: 70 14.5%
  • Over a year ago

Votes: 65 13.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 0.8%