Reef Octopus BR70 Bio Pellet Reactor / Hard Plumbing Questions..

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I JUST ORDERED the BR70 MODEL FOR MY Bio Pellet reactor and I am going to hard plumb it instead of using the tubing and the barbs! I would like to get some ideas on how some others have plumbed their reactors. Did you use a Ball valve or a Gate valve to control the flow? On the pump, I am going to use a gate Valve to control my flow on a Sicce 1.5 which will work out perfectly. If you have the B70, BR110 OR THE BR140 Reef Octopus Bio Pellet reactors and you have hard plumbed it, please share your pictures of how you did it, would be much appreciated.

Screen Shot 2017-07-02 at 3.52.45 PM.png

hartin461

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I JUST ORDERED the BR70 MODEL FOR MY Bio Pellet reactor and I am going to hard plumb it instead of using the tubing and the barbs! I would like to get some ideas on how some others have plumbed their reactors. Did you use a Ball valve or a Gate valve to control the flow? On the pump, I am going to use a gate Valve to control my flow on a Sicce 1.5 which will work out perfectly. If you have the B70, BR110 OR THE BR140 Reef Octopus Bio Pellet reactors and you have hard plumbed it, please share your pictures of how you did it, would be much appreciated.

Screen Shot 2017-07-02 at 3.52.45 PM.png
Used a ball valve but gate would be better. Used from since 5 pump on a manifold..

IMG_1438.JPG

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used a ball valve but gate would be better. Used from since 5 pump on a manifold..

IMG_1438.JPG

@hartin461 - how do you like your Reef Octo reactor? Also, decided to go with Warner Marine ecoBAK Plus Bio Pellets, since I have heard nothing but good reviews on these pellets!

hartin461

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reactor was working flawlessly until I recently switched tanks and haven`t put it back on line yet. I think I`ll try a different pellet also as after 4 months I still had to dose nopox to get the nitrates down using brs pellets..Sicce pump is great too

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back