Reef Octopus NW110 Skimmer Setup

SomethingFishy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I had a question that despite youtube etc and the (minimalistic) instructions, I have not been able to figure out. The included Silencer has 2 outputs on one end and one on the other. I am assuming the individual output is the one I connect my tube to, with the others pointing up, but the instructions show a silencer with one and one (Not very helpful) and merely says connect it! Advice from those who have experience with this skimmer welcome. Tank is being put together tonight or tomorrow but want to get this into the refugium before I set it under the tank (currently just waiting on RODI unit to pump its little heart out).

Yours Truly BeguiledbyanOctopussy

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Airline goes on the single tip, thats the bottom, the 2 intakes are on the top for air intake only.

OP
OP
SomethingFishy

SomethingFishy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Now that that is straightened out (I dont get how they didnt put that in the instructions), now I wait for RODI water which is taking longer than anticipated. Overnight I only got about 3 inches in my holding tub. Beautiful tank btw. Your Sailfin is fine in the reef? I really want one, and it would be the largest in my tank, all others are 3-4 inches. I also wanted invertebrates, but I was nervous of a larger fish picking on smaller ones and he is reef cautious so wasn't sure if I could do one.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my Sailfin is a pussycat. He doesn't mess with anybody or anything. I keep em fed, may be the reason he leaves everything else alone.
I was one of impatient ones about RO/DI, so I got a 165GPD unit. :wink:

OP
OP
SomethingFishy

SomethingFishy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha, I have a 75gpd............ and it did maybe 15 over 24 hrs. Now I am confused b/c we hooked it up to the garden hose (going out my window) hoping for more pressure and the TDS read 5 from my sink and 1 from the hose.... does that mean I should be drinking from the hose instead of the house lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back