Reef Octopus VarioS-6 Controllable DC Pump (1720 GPH)

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
You guys eased my mind. Looking forward to using it in my build. Already have the apex cable for controlling both pumps.

N00B1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was loo
Was looking to implement a manifold with some reactors running off of it, along with possibly upgrading to a larger tank in the future. I originally was looking at the L1 even for the increased strength. I have a tendency to go larger than I need to justify the need for an upgrade :p
king at the Varios 6 also, same idea. Did you get one if so do you like it?

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was loo

king at the Varios 6 also, same idea. Did you get one if so do you like it?
Yes I actually got two! One for my skimmer one for my return. No complaints at all

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the VarioS pumps be battery backed up with the Icecap battery?
Sorry the VarioS pump will not really run off the IceCap battery or as you would expect it to. The IceCap backup battery is more designed to manage flow pumps like the Maxpsect and IceCap Gyre pumps. These pumps knock down the power to conserve the battery life. With pumps like the VarioS they usually require higher power settings to run and draw a lot from the batteries in a short period of time even when used with two batteries. These types of power cycles can also drastically shorten the life of the battery and why I do not suggest their use on such pumps. Thanks for your understanding.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry the VarioS pump will not really run off the IceCap battery or as you would expect it to. The IceCap backup battery is more designed to manage flow pumps like the Maxpsect and IceCap Gyre pumps. These pumps knock down the power to conserve the battery life. With pumps like the VarioS they usually require higher power settings to run and draw a lot from the batteries in a short period of time even when used with two batteries. These types of power cycles can also drastically shorten the life of the battery and why I do not suggest their use on such pumps. Thanks for your understanding.

Hi Jeremy,

I have had two varios 6 on my tank for a little over a year now. I have one for my skimmer and one as my return. recently I have noticed the lights have failed on my return controller box. Any recommendations on what I can do to fix it. I am unsure the flow rate has changed of the lights have been blown out.

Thanks

(sorry couldn't send a pm)

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jeremy,

I have had two varios 6 on my tank for a little over a year now. I have one for my skimmer and one as my return. recently I have noticed the lights have failed on my return controller box. Any recommendations on what I can do to fix it. I am unsure the flow rate has changed of the lights have been blown out.

Thanks

I would enter a ticket with them here - https://www.coralvue.com/support/

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks

Sorry for the issues you are having. Please submit a support ticket at www.coralvue.com/support with your pumps serial number, proof of purchase and your shipping address. Our support techs can then help get you squared away.

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I've been using a varios6 return pump for my 180g for 2 years now. It is hooked up to my APEX 2016 via the variable speed port.

Just today, it stopped working. But when I unplug the pump from my APEX's Variable Speed port, it turns back on. But when I plug it back into my APEX, it shuts off again.

Is there something that can be causing this? Please help ASAP. I cant imagine why it would stop working with my APEX after no changes for 2 years. But it still works when not plugged into the port.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I've been using a varios6 return pump for my 180g for 2 years now. It is hooked up to my APEX 2016 via the variable speed port.

Just today, it stopped working. But when I unplug the pump from my APEX's Variable Speed port, it turns back on. But when I plug it back into my APEX, it shuts off again.

Is there something that can be causing this? Please help ASAP. I cant imagine why it would stop working with my APEX after no changes for 2 years. But it still works when not plugged into the port.
Perhaps the cable has gone bad? Or maybe something got updated? I do not run an apex so I apologize.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hello All,

Sounds like a Apex issue. You might get more attention from Apex users with a dedicated thread.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 64 85.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.0%
Back