• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Reef Octopus Varios 8, Skimz Skimmers, ATI Sunpower 24 8xBulb, Neptune Apex EB832

amnesiac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All prices are shipped. Please only make offers through PM. Ask as many questions as you need. If you need more pics please ask. For the love of god NO LOWBALLS. Just so it's clear 50% is a lowball. Have fun guys and gals.

Reef Octopus Varios 8 $250
Pump has about 18 months run time. Cleaned and maintained monthly and never had any issues with it. This thing is a beast. Ran a returns on a main, 2 separate frag systems and a dedicated chaeto tank at just over 50%!!! If I were in a coma and for whatever reason the docs needed a pump to keep me alive....I'd want it to be one of these guys ;) Pump will come in a box with everything you see in the pic (power supply, controller, float switch(never used), cage and fittings). The return side union will NOT be included as it's still welded to a piece of PVC. It's labeled 1 1/4 so shouldn't be a biggie finding another at your local hardware store.
IMG_5081.JPG
IMG_5082.JPG
IMG_5083.JPG

JBJ Arctica 1/4HP Chiller $600*****WILL SHIP TO CA, AZ, NV, NM, UT, CO FOR FREE. ANY OTHER STATE PLEASE PM ME. WE'LL WORK SOMETHING OUT*****
This chiller was picked up when I was still new to the hobby looking for any excuse to buy stuff. For sure I'd need a chiller, I live in AZ. Not the case at all. This was plumbed on a system for 2-3 months during the summer and in that time came on exactly zero times. It just never got hot enough in my tank to trigger it. I did turn it on a few times during initial plumbing and testing but other than that it sat there next to the tank doing nothing. Like the ugliest piece of furniture ever. So I pulled it and boxed it back up and it sat in a closet with all the rest of my "just in case" gear. It's not brand new, but I dare you to find one in better used condition.
IMG_5091.JPG

IMG_5094.JPG

IMG_5093.JPG

ATI Sunpower 24" 8x Bulbs $350
Used on a 70gal system for a year and a half. No dents or scratches and works perfectly. This fixture is in excellent condition. Will include used bulbs for free or brand new bulbs for $10 each. I have 2x Blue+, 2x Coral+ and 2 Actinic all ATI.
IMG_5095.JPG
IMG_5096.JPG

Waveline DC-10000II Pump $150
Solid DC pump used on a 70 gal for about a year and a half. Monthly cleanings, well maintained and in excellent condition.
IMG_5104.JPG
IMG_5105.JPG
IMG_5109.JPG

Maxspect Gyre Controller and 2x XF230 Pumps $250
These were on a small frag system for slightly over a year. Maintained regularly (monthly cleaning and no vinegar soak). Work perfectly and are in good shape. Includes spare cages and rotors and some of the spare bushings.
IMG_5069.JPG

Neptune Apex EB832 $175
IMG_5103.JPG

Skimz Monzter SM161 Internal Protein Skimmer $300
Love the Skimz skimmers. Make the thick gooey sludge as good or better than any other (way better than the NYOS I owned). Pumps never gave me any issues and they were cleaned and maintained monthly. Both cleaned up super sharp and almost as white as they day they were delivered. Good stuff.
IMG_5088.JPG
IMG_5089.JPG
IMG_5090.JPG

Skimz Monzter SM167 DC Protein Skimmer $350
Just a note on this one, the controller line has a repair. Initially when it was installed I couldn't get it through the hole I had in the stand and didn't want to make a bigger hole so I cut the cord and repaired it after snaking it through. The repair job was clean using solder, tape and shrink wrap and has never given me any issues.
IMG_5084.JPG
IMG_5085.JPG
IMG_5086.JPG
IMG_5087.JPG

IMG_5080.JPG

IceCap Liquid Dosing Pump $35
Used this little guy from time to time when I need to dose something irregularly like potassium chloride or potassium nitrate. Maybe got used 4-5 times a year since 2017.

IMG_5102.JPG

Geo CR618 Calcium Reactor, SM415 Media Reactor, PH Probe, CO2 Regulator and DIY Carbon Doser $550
Just about everything you'll need to deliver Ca and alk to your system effortlessly. Once this unit got pegged my alk and Ca stayed rock solid. The DIY Carbon Doser works exactly like the real thing.....only it doesn't cost a fortune, is made with better parts and if something should go wrong with it repair parts probably won't cost more than a cup of coffee. The solenoid and block are both Clippard and I added an additional fine tune needle valve. Once this setup was dialed in it was set it and forget it. I didn't include the CO2 canister because of the weight. If you're local or don't mind kicking in extra to cover the added shipping then I'll include it. PM me if you have questions.
IMG_5097.JPG
IMG_5098.JPG
IMG_5099.JPG
IMG_5100.JPG
IMG_5101.JPG

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back