REEF OF THE MONTH - April 2022: RussiReef's Phenomenal SPS Tank! 280 Gallons of Acro Inspiration!

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congratulations Garry!! Well deserved! You truly have one of the best SPS dominant tanks I've ever had the pleasure of seeing.
Now I feel like I know a celebrity!! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congratulations brother. Well deserved award. Your tank is a inspiration to any hobbiest

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very gorgeous tank,looks absolutely stunning and like your method of using natural approaches rather than chemicals as seems best way to me.
Your doing something right and for a new reefer like myself, it aids me in what to do.

islandreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the Simplicity, it continues to show that you dont need all the bells and whistles to have a thriving SPS dominated tank. I am amazed you do not have a Calcium Reactor as yet with all the SPS, LOVE IT

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. My light consists of 6 Radions Gen 4 pro and 10 24 w ATI blue plus. Radion spectrum is: all blues at 100% , both whites 80%, red and green at 20% each. Duration of Radions 11 hours a day and T5 four hours a day. Hope you find this information helpful.
Best,
Garry.
Interesting. Thanks. So the T5s are on at the same time as the LEDs?

That's quite a gap between the T5s. Are you convinced they're helping? Have you checked their output with a PAR meter? It seems like there are T5 hot spots and cold spots. Are the corals happier that are under the T5s?

Johra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice write up and beautiful system! Congrats…

One question though, how do you use Red Sea Coral Pro salt mix and still keep Alk at around 7.5-8 or do you have little spikes when you do water changes? I assume most of the high Alk that is coming from the salt is eaten up by the display.. just curious as I had to switch to Brightwell in order to back mine down from mid 10’s.

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations Garry!! Well deserved! You truly have one of the best SPS dominant tanks I've ever had the pleasure of seeing.
Now I feel like I know a celebrity!! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Thank you for the compliment Art and a kind words.

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations brother. Well deserved award. Your tank is a inspiration to any hobbiest
Thank you Tusi. It’s mean a lot to me. Still learning every day

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very gorgeous tank,looks absolutely stunning and like your method of using natural approaches rather than chemicals as seems best way to me.
Your doing something right and for a new reefer like myself, it aids me in what to do.
Thank you. Glad to be helpful

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the Simplicity, it continues to show that you dont need all the bells and whistles to have a thriving SPS dominated tank. I am amazed you do not have a Calcium Reactor as yet with all the SPS, LOVE IT
Thank you. KISS method is working for me. From day one I have been dosing major three components. Why change it now… ?

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice write up and beautiful system! Congrats…

One question though, how do you use Red Sea Coral Pro salt mix and still keep Alk at around 7.5-8 or do you have little spikes when you do water changes? I assume most of the high Alk that is coming from the salt is eaten up by the display.. just curious as I had to switch to Brightwell in order to back mine down from mid 10’s.
Thank you for your compliment. I estimate my total water volume is about 350 gal, with 20% water change I don’t see noticeable ALK spike.

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. Thanks. So the T5s are on at the same time as the LEDs?

That's quite a gap between the T5s. Are you convinced they're helping? Have you checked their output with a PAR meter? It seems like there are T5 hot spots and cold spots. Are the corals happier that are under the T5s?
Good question. My T5 are on the same time as Radions, 4 hours a day. Since my LED set to a white spectrum, I decided to supplement it with bluer spectrum from T5. LED are doing heavy lifting in my tank

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a beautiful tank! My envy has no bounds. :) It's like looking at a piece of the ocean! Well deserved for ROTM!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back