REEF OF THE MONTH - July 2021: TUSI's Amazing SPS Reef Revisited!

Plandauesq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size algae reactor are you using? Do you feel it is critical to the tank? Is it something else I should buy? ;)

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What size algae reactor are you using? Do you feel it is critical to the tank? Is it something else I should buy? ;)
Hi I have the pax Bellum arid N24. It definitely makes a big difference in my tank. It controls my po4 really well. I depend on it cause I don’t like using the rowa pho’s so everything is controlled naturally

Plandauesq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have the pax Bellum arid N24. It definitely makes a big difference in my tank. It controls my po4 really well. I depend on it cause I don’t like using the rowa pho’s so everything is controlled naturally
How often do you need to mess with it? Remove chaeto, clean it, etc.?

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I basically take
How often do you need to mess with it? Remove chaeto, clean it, e
How often do you need to mess with it? Remove chaeto, clean it, etc.?
I open it once month and remove some chaeto and once every six months ill clean the cylinder. its easy to do. if you run a calcium reactor then have your fluent do through it and it helps remove the pO4 from the calcium reactor media.

Plandauesq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I basically take

I open it once month and remove some chaeto and once every six months ill clean the cylinder. its easy to do. if you run a calcium reactor then have your fluent do through it and it helps remove the pO4 from the calcium reactor media.
What are your thoughts on this: I have about a 300 gallon tank, I would like to run a similar algae reactor but I do not have enough space in my sump for it. However, next to my sump, I have a 30 gallon tank of RODI water that I use for my ATO. You think I could put the reactor inside the tank of the RODI water? In my mind, the amount of saltwater that would get mixed into it would be minimal. Thoughs?

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What are your thoughts on this: I have about a 300 gallon tank, I would like to run a similar algae reactor but I do not have enough space in my sump for it. However, next to my sump, I have a 30 gallon tank of RODI water that I use for my ATO. You think I could put the reactor inside the tank of the RODI water? In my mind, the amount of saltwater that would get mixed into it would be minimal. Thoughs?
I don't think that is a good idea, the reactor can be anywhere cause it will require a small pump and some tubing, so it can literally be in a corner somewhere.

Back