Reef of the Month, June, 2019, @FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Thanks everyone! I sometimes forget what a wonderful community we have here on Reef2reef! I've been buried in my own thread lately with the amount of work in my life these days as well as a toddler and another kid on the way but I do miss just scanning the new posts and commenting and sharing as much as I was able to before. I'm glad others still carry the torch and I'll hopefully be back soon once they both go to college. [emoji12]

I appreciate all the kind words and a special thanks to Cynthia for her help in getting this article together. She put the polish on my otherwise rough writeup and made it shine! Absolutely a joy to work with!

I'll try to answer any questions so far and any incoming as best as I can. I'm sure I left some details out of my writeup.

Happy reefing everyone and thank you for the awesome words! Hit me right in the feels! [emoji3059]

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful reef, beautiful photos and also a great fish room! I'm generally not a huge fan of in wall tanks but the way you have this setup, it looks like it's such a nice place to sit. I've followed your reefs for many years. I really like the fish selection as well. You need a male masked swallowtail to go with your female.

It's like you're in my head. Everytime I see that female... I'm like... You need a gentleman friend. [emoji23]

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As well written and filled with photos as this post is, it doesn't even begin to fully describe how impressive Ty's tank and system are in person or touch on the contributions Ty has made in the local reefing community, his involvement with research, or the generous advice and guidance provided to others. Ty has been a source of expert knowledge and an inspiration to many hobyists, myself included.

Congrats on being featured! Very well deserved!

Too kind Scott! You have a way with words. I appreciate you always supporting me in every step of my journey with this hobby! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FarmerTy, you sure are fooling people with that clean fish room in pics!! Show a pic of what it looks like behind you when you took that one, LOL

I have no idea who this guy is! Joe has no clue what he's talking about... Oh crud... I mean... This guy has no clue what he's talking about....

Don't look behind the curtain![emoji2958]

reacclimating 2 the hobby

patience is... oh look an acro pack fs!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FarmerTy absolutely inspirational my friend... your tank is what mine looks like in my dreams, hopefully some day. I'm curious about your gyre settings though, perhaps I will find your build thread and re-read what I remember to be hundreds of pages

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FarmerTy absolutely inspirational my friend... your tank is what mine looks like in my dreams, hopefully some day. I'm curious about your gyre settings though, perhaps I will find your build thread and re-read what I remember to be hundreds of pages

Thank you! The one in MY dreams I can swim in but then my wife timely slaps me in the back of the head when she sees me daydreaming like that.

I actually borrowed my gyre settings from my good buddy @bubbaque. I just alternate the flow every 1 minute and the other completely shuts off. They do this all day and just rotate back and forth.

My build thread is here.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/farmertys-215-gallon-sps-tank.207702/

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank - thanks for sharing! I've been looking for something similar to what you're using for your anemones in the frag tank (the magnetic boxes on the side wall). Any info you can provide on those or did you custom make them yourself? Thanks

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back