Rating - 100%
13   0   0
beautiful collection !

mtfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only time I have seen the tank in person it was relatively new. Absolutely a work of art. Not just the main tank. I can stare at the frag tank for a long time too! Your tank has really come together and looks stunning. Congrats Ty. Well deserved.

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ty
with using kalk as your top off water along with your ca reactor how do you keep from dosing too much kalk and raising your alk or ph too much. I tried it that way several years back and had to be real careful, I once did a water change and my ato kicked in trying to level out my water level with kalk water. My alk jumped to over 12 in no time, actually added muratic acid to lower it before I wiped the tank out. I too have a ca reactor but lately it has been having trouble keeping up with my increased demands.
thanks
Jeff

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank - thanks for sharing! I've been looking for something similar to what you're using for you anemones in your frag tank (the magnetic boxes on the side wall). Any info you can provide on those or did you custom make them yourself? Thanks

Thank you!

A 3d printer and I collaborated over the idea and he prints and sells them on his website. I get no money from their sales... I just wanted a box for my needs and he helped me get them. I would order the PETG plastic.

https://printed3d.parts/product/anemone-ezremove-acclimation-propagation-box/

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats bud. I’m super proud of you, no one works harder or is a more selfless reefer than you. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Thanks buddy! You've supported me through thick and thin! My reef brother who just happens to live down the road. [emoji3526]

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty
with using kalk as your top off water along with your ca reactor how do you keep from dosing too much kalk and raising your alk or ph too much. I tried it that way several years back and had to be real careful, I once did a water change and my ato kicked in trying to level out my water level with kalk water. My alk jumped to over 12 in no time, actually added muratic acid to lower it before I wiped the tank out. I too have a ca reactor but lately it has been having trouble keeping up with my increased demands.
thanks
Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Not doing water changes helps for me. [emoji12]

But yes, I've run across that issue a couple times when bagging up too many frags at once and using a lot of water. I generally turn off the ATO and refill with just plain RO/DI water.

For kalk saturation, I fully saturate it and then just dial back my CaRx as needed to match coral uptake.

Chuka1212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a new reefer I just have to say thanks for the information and great advice. If my tank ends up looking even 1/10 as cool as yours, I'll be a happy guy! What an amazing setup.

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I love is that it’s not a cookie cutter tank. From the equipment to the sump and all the little nick nacks and hoses.
It’s real and shows and is an inspiration

The use of “tickle the corals” is what I say oddly. Just give em a little tickle.. love this whole setup

Last edited:

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I love is that it’s not a cookie cutter tank. From the equipment to the sump and all the little nick nacks and hoses.
It’s real and shows and is an inspiration

The use of “tickle the corals” is what I say oddly. Just give em a little tickle.. love this whole setup

Labor of love setup for sure! Sump is an old 75-gallon I resealed and added baffles to. I have probes and sensors everywhere. The whole system has been retrofitted and added on to based on my needs...there wasn't an inherent master plan from the beginning.

I stay true to my background...the fish room is my laboratory... Each addition is just another fun experiment.[emoji16]

TVV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Wow! f'n Wow! Congratulations!
Absolutely beautiful and very informative write up. Thank you for sharing.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back