REEF OF THE MONTH - March 2021: Florida_Reef_Keeper Brandon McHenry's Amazing AIO SPS Reef!

ccs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous, Gorgeous tank. Congratulations!
One question: what is your experience with the urchin? Good CUC member?

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous, Gorgeous tank. Congratulations!
One question: what is your experience with the urchin? Good CUC member?
Thank you so much! I love the urchin! Excellent cuc member and because I mount everything firmly he hasn’t relocated anything! ;Hilarious

bizzybeas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for sharing your experiences. I lived in Florida for a few years to scuba dive. After moving back to Phoenix I had a fish only and several tanks later a reef. That was 15 years ago... I am finally back and astounded with all of the changes. So may new things to learn. The biggest surprise to me is the switch to dry rock. I have found it harder to stabilize my new aquarium. I am glad to know that I am not alone!
Gorgeous tank . Love the color.
Also, sorry about the Irma loss. Devastating but I can see your resilience!

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for sharing your experiences. I lived in Florida for a few years to scuba dive. After moving back to Phoenix I had a fish only and several tanks later a reef. That was 15 years ago... I am finally back and astounded with all of the changes. So may new things to learn. The biggest surprise to me is the switch to dry rock. I have found it harder to stabilize my new aquarium. I am glad to know that I am not alone!
Gorgeous tank . Love the color.
Also, sorry about the Irma loss. Devastating but I can see your resilience!
My pleasure! Glad to hear you are back in the hobby! Once a reefer always a reefer! Yes things have changed a lot but old techniques still work lol. No you are not alone, and I’ve seen many others with similar issues (but not all). Yes Irma was tough but if that can’t keep me from the hobby nothing can! :D

howaboutme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things I've learned over the last 10 years of reefing:
  • Don’t trust everything you read just because its on the internet. Think critically when taking a suggestion and decide if its right for you and your particular system!
Great tank and nice inspiration! The above is the key advice given. Make your own decisions based on the information at hand. Nice work.

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank and nice inspiration! The above is the key advice given. Make your own decisions based on the information at hand. Nice work.
Glad you liked it! And yes the advice I gave is advice I truly believe and implement in my own reef :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 74 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back