REEF OF THE MONTH - March 2021: Florida_Reef_Keeper Brandon McHenry's Amazing AIO SPS Reef!

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really appreciate how you think about reef keeping in general from the read. Your pictures are also awesome! Truly an inspirational tank!
Yeah that’s just always been how I’ve been when it comes to reefing. It seems to have worked out pretty well! Thank you for the compliments!

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of methods work for lots of reefers but I feel like the simpler we keep the system, the easier it is to maintain and enjoy!
Brandon - Wanted to say thank you one more time for the clear and concise explanation of your aquarium journey!

”Easier to maintain and enjoy” made me think about the enjoyment I get out of my aquarium. I really do get a tremendous amount of enjoyment out of this hobby and never mind the maintenance. I could stare at my tank all day and enjoy the life, the movement, the colors, the balance, the etc.

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brandon - Wanted to say thank you one more time for the clear and concise explanation of your aquarium journey!

”Easier to maintain and enjoy” made me think about the enjoyment I get out of my aquarium. I really do get a tremendous amount of enjoyment out of this hobby and never mind the maintenance. I could stare at my tank all day and enjoy the life, the movement, the colors, the balance, the etc.
No problem! It was my pleasure! :D

That’s how this hobby should be! What’s the point if we don’t enjoy the tanks we build and the life we keep!

joshsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all your tank is amazing its so colourful ! And I hope my tank can resemble something like this.

Did you notice any difference in the corals growth/color after using the KZ products? Do they work?

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all your tank is amazing its so colourful ! And I hope my tank can resemble something like this.

Did you notice any difference in the corals growth/color after using the KZ products? Do they work?
Thank you! Just patience, TLC, patience, some dedication and patience! ;Hilarious

Not really. I didn’t notice any benefits when I started them nor did I see any negative effects when I stopped. That being said I have heard good things about them from other people.

davin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most enjoyable one of these I’ve read. Great pictures and advice too. I love the simplistic approach. This won’t scare away new hobbyists for sure.

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most enjoyable one of these I’ve read. Great pictures and advice too. I love the simplistic approach. This won’t scare away new hobbyists for sure.
Wow that’s very kind! I really do believe simple is better when it comes to reefing. And I would never want to scare away new hobbyists, the more digestible the material is the more people learn and that’s how the hobby progresses! I’m really glad people are enjoying the article and learning something from it! :D

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured I’d share these daylight beauties here too! :D

0E46D912-1EB7-4850-9045-2C9893BB9723.jpeg
4EA80F99-510E-48D5-B4C3-A202868AFFC0.jpeg

xzebra007

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank and very good read. Nice job all the way around.

Finding a mentor I feel is the hardest as I am just starting out. Seems like you get either no help or the guy that knows everything and way over the head for a newb.

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank and very good read. Nice job all the way around.

Finding a mentor I feel is the hardest as I am just starting out. Seems like you get either no help or the guy that knows everything and way over the head for a newb.
Thank you very much! Yes finding a mentor can be hard, especially in person. But R2R is a great community and there are plenty of great reefers here happy to help people at all points in the hobby!

MamReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Brandon,
congratulations on the amazing tank! I also share the same approach and the same principles to reef keeping in all my tanks. Keep it simple! Your answers were spot on (imo), a very nice read! I do believe in the importance of PH as you mentioned, most of the time it's not taken into consideration. I will check your interview in Reefbum.
Once again, congratulations! Very natural and beautiful tank!

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Brandon,
congratulations on the amazing tank! I also share the same approach and the same principles to reef keeping in all my tanks. Keep it simple! Your answers were spot on (imo), a very nice read! I do believe in the importance of PH as you mentioned, most of the time it's not taken into consideration. I will check your interview in Reefbum.
Once again, congratulations! Very natural and beautiful tank!
Thank you very much! Glad you liked it! :D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Back