REEF OF THE MONTH - March 2021: Florida_Reef_Keeper Brandon McHenry's Amazing AIO SPS Reef!

MrsClooney32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! I can only aspire for mine to look like this. I am going on 4 months with saltwater now and loving it. I will try the heavy feeding. Can you tell me what automated frozen feeder you are using please?

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! I can only aspire for mine to look like this. I am going on 4 months with saltwater now and loving it. I will try the heavy feeding. Can you tell me what automated frozen feeder you are using please?
Thank you! Welcome to the addiction! Just be sure to match your export to your import. You don’t want a build up of waste products. I do all the frozen feeding by hand but for pellets I use the Ehiem automatic fish feeder. It’s affordable and works well!

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Welcome to the addiction! Just be sure to match your export to your import. You don’t want a build up of waste products. I do all the frozen feeding by hand but for pellets I use the Ehiem automatic fish feeder. It’s affordable and works well!
Matching import with export has always been a challenge for me. I was surprised to read you didn’t use NoPox and you just had a small fuge on back.
I’m thinking not siphoning my sand bed must be my issue. My problem is I have a 65 tall and it is super hard to get to the bed and siphon. How do you do it in your tank?

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matching import with export has always been a challenge for me. I was surprised to read you didn’t use NoPox and you just had a small fuge on back.
I’m thinking not siphoning my sand bed must be my issue. My problem is I have a 65 tall and it is super hard to get to the bed and siphon. How do you do it in your tank?
Yeah the fuge is great! I just use a cheap freshwater gravel vacuum from the pet store. Works like a charm!

rob taft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very beautiful fish tank. I also live in FL and I hear you about Irma. I didn't have a tank then but if I did, I would have lost everything as I was without power for 9 days. Great write up and I'm in the process of starting a 115 gallon with a sump (I have two other tanks) and your post has provided me with some helpful information. I had my first SW tank in 1964 but I lived on the ocean so I just changed out seawater and inhabitants (local) on a weekly basis. I had no real idea what I was doing at the time but I loved the ocean and the amazing life that existed. Being 14 at the time I fantasized about being "Aquaman". I'm pleased to see that you have a passion for the hobby and a respect for the lives of the creatures lives we are entrusted. Good luck and I hope to see more of your tanks in the future.

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very beautiful fish tank. I also live in FL and I hear you about Irma. I didn't have a tank then but if I did, I would have lost everything as I was without power for 9 days. Great write up and I'm in the process of starting a 115 gallon with a sump (I have two other tanks) and your post has provided me with some helpful information. I had my first SW tank in 1964 but I lived on the ocean so I just changed out seawater and inhabitants (local) on a weekly basis. I had no real idea what I was doing at the time but I loved the ocean and the amazing life that existed. Being 14 at the time I fantasized about being "Aquaman". I'm pleased to see that you have a passion for the hobby and a respect for the lives of the creatures lives we are entrusted. Good luck and I hope to see more of your tanks in the future.
Thank you! Yeah Irma was tough with the power outage. Glad you got some info from the write up! And I agree the ocean is an amazing place with incredible life to enjoy! I do my best to care for and showcase the animals that I keep and I hope to be doing this for many years to come! :D

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! :D

02CE034D-77E5-4591-8896-667A76EF5E89.jpeg
29E94393-2791-4FC3-B3A9-424C913C693A.jpeg
0104F613-5A7B-4DC9-85C4-C5E4F3678955.jpeg
CCDFFA6E-7274-4866-A43D-5D2BDD01508B.jpeg
3237FEEB-F6D1-4F83-8F50-551FB60F66C5.jpeg
A73BAAC6-12A0-462F-B194-F7CD25292D68.jpeg

Mkus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank and inspiring I've kept a nano reef since 2008 14 which is now a 24 gallon with my original clown!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back