REEF OF THE MONTH - October 2022: Joe's 400-gallon Majestic Sunlit Reef (A Living Memorial to Kelly)

Scubadoo4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My deepest condolences Mr Palermo. I am intrigued by your Naturally stunning tank and the Sunlight set up, truly awesome, beautiful selection of fish and am surprised that I don't see multiples of any one species!?! I've always wanted to see schooling in my tank, soon to be upgrade when I get off my **** and pull the trigger. I was also wondering where the sump was located as I didn't see it in the pics? The algae control is always an issue, in my 75 with 10-11 fish but manageable, however Cyano is another issue and i noticed in one photo I thought I saw a spot forming on a rock and wondered how you combat Cyano. i look forward to future updates on your 400g tank.

JulesH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a gorgeous tank, you dont get the idea of the size of the aquarium until you see your wife sitting in it. Its a thing of of beauty, a living testament to your beloved wife.

jdpiii3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My deepest condolences Mr Palermo. I am intrigued by your Naturally stunning tank and the Sunlight set up, truly awesome, beautiful selection of fish and am surprised that I don't see multiples of any one species!?! I've always wanted to see schooling in my tank, soon to be upgrade when I get off my **** and pull the trigger. I was also wondering where the sump was located as I didn't see it in the pics? The algae control is always an issue, in my 75 with 10-11 fish but manageable, however Cyano is another issue and i noticed in one photo I thought I saw a spot forming on a rock and wondered how you combat Cyano. i look forward to future updates on your 400g tank.
Thanks so much.

Yes I do have a couple areas that stubbornly have some Cyano bacteria develop, you would think with the amount of turbulent water flow and sandwelling reef inhabitants I wouldn't have any. Every so often I will vacuum it out and adjust down my dosing of liquid carbon it usually does the trick.

If I could only teach the urchins and snails to scour the sand bed, they do amazing work on the rock formations.

Back