REEF OF THE MONTH - September 2021: Vitaliy's Stunning 300-Litre Mixed Reef

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! Absolutely beautiful! Your system is, as all these RTOM's are, a true inspiration. Thank you for sharing your methods and results.

rusgum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! Absolutely beautiful! Your system is, as all these RTOM's are, a true inspiration. Thank you for sharing your methods and results.
Thank you. Flew to the red sea to seek inspiration. :)
20210904_180206.jpg

Last edited:

Arcticreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inspirational tank! Am super impressed. I noticed you keep a LOT of fish. I will have to look up all the scientific names to see what they are. I might be wrong but you are probably exceeding the rule of thumb of inches of fish per gallon...if one believes that. Do you find success because you don't have a sandy bottom and do quite frequent water changes? Were these intentional designs and maintenance regimes because u wanted lots of fish? I need to learn your secrets to keep my phosphates lower despite using phosphate reactor.

rusgum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inspirational tank! Am super impressed. I noticed you keep a LOT of fish. I will have to look up all the scientific names to see what they are. I might be wrong but you are probably exceeding the rule of thumb of inches of fish per gallon...if one believes that. Do you find success because you don't have a sandy bottom and do quite frequent water changes? Were these intentional designs and maintenance regimes because u wanted lots of fish? I need to learn your secrets to keep my phosphates lower despite using phosphate reactor.
Thank you for paying attention to my system. I keep a lot of fish to get a lot of nutrition through my system. When there were fewer consumers (corals), I used NP-BACTO-BALANCE from Tropic Marine to keep my nitrate and phosphate as desired. With the growth of karalls, I decreased the dosage; at this time, I remained on only one skimmer. But if I do a big weeding, I will again resort to this product. The presence or absence of sand does not matter to my success. I had sand and will be in the new system. I came to my system by trial, adjusting it to my lifestyle. About eight years ago, I gave up the use of antiphos and completely switched to the bacterial method. It is easier for me to make changes with good salt and good water, thereby leveling out the imbalances, than often sending water for analysis.
20210912_121535-01-01.jpeg
Always glad to communicate

Last edited:

lacrosseboss18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. Well deserving!!!
What’s your favorite thing inside your tank? I know initially it was the montipora mystic on the overflow that caught my eye and then just awesome all around.

rusgum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. Well deserving!!!
What’s your favorite thing inside your tank? I know initially it was the montipora mystic on the overflow that caught my eye and then just awesome all around.
Hi. Thanks a lot. I never paid attention to this red spot. Friends have only recently begun to tell me that the red monty distracts from the main reef, well, now let it live until December :) . At this time, I love all the corals that are in my reef and I would be sorry to break this close relationship between them.

alexreeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on the aquarium.
Do you use any type of food for your SPS corals?
Thank you.

Back