REEF OF THE MONTH - September 2022: JMacedo's Amazing SPS Reef

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love wrasses, love their colours and how good they are at keeping certain parasites under control. The majority of my wrasses aren't that big with the exception of the Coris Gaimard.
IMO, managing 13 is no problem in terms of space... the main problem is their behavior and that behavior can change, usually for the worse.

Six and four line wrasses after being in the tank for while will no longer tolerate new introductions of fishes like Hawkfish, Mystery wrasse (an establish Mystery wrasse won't accept a new six or four line wrasse either) or Royal Grammas. The same goes for Melanurus and leopard wrasses they will not accept new additions of similar shape, in all these cases I find introducing all of them at the same time gives the best chance to keep them all.

Another problem is, if a wrasse hides for a few days or gets weaker the other wrasses will treat that particular wrasse as a new addition even if they were a mated couple before. They will chase the wrasse until he keeps hiding and starves to death. I am starting to think the solution to that may be a bare bottom tank. I used to think that some wrasses would need a sandbed but after seeing a friend having success with a Choati Leopard-wrasse in a bare bottom tank while I failed two times to keep them alive for more than a couple of months, I am starting to think that wrasses might be able to live well, just by sleeping near the base of rocks and not hiding for days and then being chased by others. Never tried this approach but I keep thinking if this could work.

With these many wrasses I won't be introducing a new one any time soon. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

TBH I might just have been lucky with the ones I have now.:)
Wow, now I don't know what I want, but I still want some Wrasses, can you sujest a names that will go along together? I do have a 6 line Wrasse but he is in frag tank and can stay there if he has to. I do have a royal gramma and he is maxed out in size, and my wife really want to keep him in a tank. I'm thinking 4-5 wrasses in total

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi There, beautiful setup, congratulations!

I am looking for a Emergency Automatic Power Backup System for my 2 return pumps that are total 200 Watts.

Is your EPS Automatic?

of What is make, model and tech specifications of your EMS/ Emergency power system?

Back