0   0   0
Does anyone know what this is?
F9561837-7671-4932-8862-B3C3862AE653.png

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I’m thinking but don’t know if it’s a good or bad one. I did add some aptausia eating ones a month ago but didn’t look like that.
I was thinking aptasia eating but they don’t typically just hitch hike in. I bet it’s that. They will breed in your tank.

my other experience with nudibranches is a zoa eating nudibranch I once found in my tank. They are easy to identify because they use the zoa’s
Color as camouflage so if munched on Rasta’s it looked like a Rasta-nudibranch. Luckily there was only one and I removed him. I would have kept him if it wasn’t for fear of them multiplying.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

rvs2112

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking aptasia eating but they don’t typically just hitch hike in. I bet it’s that. They will breed in your tank.

my other experience with nudibranches is a zoa eating nudibranch I once found in my tank. They are easy to identify because they use the zoa’s
Color as camouflage so if munched on Rasta’s it looked like a Rasta-nudibranch. Luckily there was only one and I removed him. I would have kept him if it wasn’t for fear of them multiplying.
My Zoa’s/Palys look fine. Thanks for you reply. Much appreciated. BTW I was just looking at the Rastas.

Upvote 0

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Zoa’s/Palys look fine. Thanks for you reply. Much appreciated. BTW I was just looking at the Rastas.
I have some arriving today for a tank refresh so that’s what jumped into my mind. I’m guessing they aren’t cool anymore but they’re pretty and nostalgic. It’s funny because 10 years ago so many of these zoas were like $10 a frag or even free in most clubs and now I see a single head photoshopped to hell online and called “MNOP Rasta Space Wrecker ******* 3000” and they’re $150 for WYSIWYG.
Sorry. I’m old and tend to rant

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

rvs2112

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some arriving today for a tank refresh so that’s what jumped into my mind. I’m guessing they aren’t cool anymore but they’re pretty and nostalgic. It’s funny because 10 years ago so many of these zoas were like $10 a frag or even free in most clubs and now I see a single head photoshopped to hell online and called “MNOP Rasta Space Wrecker ******* 3000” and they’re $150 for WYSIWYG.
Sorry. I’m old and tend to rant
Yup! Lol. I remember when you got the whole colonies for under 100 of most anything. Times have changed for sure.

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back