reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just analyzed kessil controller ‘s signal with oscilloscope, and as expected it looks like a pwm signal under low pass filter (i.e triangular waves ), unlike true analog signal which is a sine curve

Here is an image of the wave form
F49CF55A-236D-48D0-8AA8-776D3CCE0B6F.jpeg

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have published another bug fix release : https://github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/releases/tag/0.8.2
It has admin control button fixes (power off, reboot, reload etc), they were broken during recent code changes. Other than that there are several minor UI fixes, and couple of api/notification changes that will be exposed via UI in 0.9 release.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some screen shots :) ,. I am loving these , since we have a dashboard now :),

All charts now show timestamp in X-axis
Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 9.38.29 PM.png

Example temperature controller tab:
Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 9.38.48 PM.png

My Biocube 29's equipment tab:
Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 9.41.15 PM.png

marspeed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stumbled across those a while back, and keeping them as a last ditch effort if PWM and the RC filter fail.

I believe someone else on here had a marsaqua BB running straight off of 10V PWM without issues.
My lights are on the tank, but I have not cracked the case yet. It is currently running on timers (which is all I really "need") but I hope to get the dimming in place soon.
Precedence has gone to my fight with a 50s era craftsman table saw.

That would be me I'm not using the mars aqua any more just starting to collect dust

Ryan115

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ranjib/Hoss,
0.8.2 up and running. I was finally able to change the Username and password with the admin buttons working now.
The dashboard really is a nice summary screen. My one question is on the lighting chart.
Since right now it is just reflecting your auto settings from the lighting tab. It seems like it would either be better located on that screen, or I was wondering if it would be possible to have that one shade in under the line graphs as you progress through the cycle. That way it shows you were you are in your ramping up or down. Though even a vertical line matching to the current time could work, but wouldn't be as cool.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ranjib/Hoss,
0.8.2 up and running. I was finally able to change the Username and password with the admin buttons working now.
The dashboard really is a nice summary screen. My one question is on the lighting chart.
Since right now it is just reflecting your auto settings from the lighting tab. It seems like it would either be better located on that screen, or I was wondering if it would be possible to have that one shade in under the line graphs as you progress through the cycle. That way it shows you were you are in your ramping up or down. Though even a vertical line matching to the current time could work, but wouldn't be as cool.
That’s doable. I am still experimenting with the dashboard , I am still unsure about the effectiveness of the light chart though, since it won’t change at all . But since we don’t have much , I put it there, it’s also a big better visualization that those 12 set sliders , particularly for multi channel lights

Ryan115

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s doable. I am still experimenting with the dashboard , I am still unsure about the effectiveness of the light chart though, since it won’t change at all . But since we don’t have much , I put it there, it’s also a big better visualization that those 12 set sliders , particularly for multi channel lights
I could see it as more useful if there was a dynamic aspect to the lighting, such as clouds, moon phase, etc...
Otherwise, it could likely live on the lighting tab.
The space could likely be filled as more modules come online (sensors, wave makers, dosing volumes etc...)

marspeed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reason you arent using the MarsAqua, what did you switch over to? Was the PWM dimming working on it when you had it up?

I made the dimming mod it worked perfectly and I was very happy with them I also changed out some leds deeper blue then switched to kessil the reason why I purchased the mars aqua was because my DIY rig shorted out when my puffer splashed water on the driver board and I needed some thing temporally till my new tank showed up I should get rid of them I used them about 5 months

Cary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just tried to load 0.8.2 and I have the same issue - 404
Screenshot from 2017-11-10 16-49-25.png
Screenshot from 2017-11-10 16-49-46.png

Screenshot from 2017-11-08 17-21-38.png

Screenshot from 2017-11-08 17-16-20.png

Sorry, the smaller screen capture is from the other night 11/8

THe login page was displayed before I got the -404

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So decided to try this out, i got the raspberry pi hooked up, got the display to flip, and installed reef pi.
When i go onto localhost i get asked for a username and pw. Tried the pw i setup to no avail. Assuming i missed a setting somewhere.
2b32f5d423806c362889300b5ee662ba.heic

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So decided to try this out, i got the raspberry pi hooked up, got the display to flip, and installed reef pi.
When i go onto localhost i get asked for a username and pw. Tried the pw i setup to no avail. Assuming i missed a setting somewhere.
2b32f5d423806c362889300b5ee662ba.heic
username: reef-pi
password: reef-pi

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back