reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you elaborate? Which sensors?
The GPIO pins are on 3.3v logic.
On my system the 5v is only powering the PCA9685 (my relays have their own supply)
The sen2025 optical level sensor from dfrobot is 5v so have the power to is from a 5v power supply.(12v adapter to a 5v supply module)
The output from the probe then enters 5v to 3.3v Converter. I may have made this more complicated than needed lol.

dburg30

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am having issues getting temperature.. It appears the probe is being recognized, but I'm not gettng anything in reef-pi. I click enable on the temp page and it wont update?

Schreiber

Leviathan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am having issues getting temperature.. It appears the probe is being recognized, but I'm not gettng anything in reef-pi. I click enable on the temp page and it wont update?

There may be some issues right now... I was on 0.8.2, couldn't sign in at all. Updated to 0.9 & still no luck signing in. If you restart your pi & it brings you back to the sign-in page, does it allow you to even sign in?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question i setup a 5v to 3.3v converter between the pi for the probe sensory output is this a necessary step? I dont actually have it running yet as was finishing housing for everything before i actually turned it on lol.
d0e393683a6c61a0a3d092188268e9e7.jpg

Label printer and photoshop lol.
You dont need a converter, raspberry pi already has 3.3v output pin 1 and 17

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there something im missing? When i added the pins to equipment i couldnt actually control the outlet
Make sure you specify the GPIO number of the pins, not serial number. For example pin number 11 (serial number 11) is GPIO17, so in reef-pi you need to specify 17 as the pin number while defining an outlet

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried incognito, no luck. Attempting to install a different browser now.
what username /password you are using? You should not need any incognitor mode or different browser if you can delete the cache of your current browser (refresh or Ctl + Shift +F5)

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can sign in and all, just cant get temperature to show up.
Hmm.. what the log is showing ? Have you wired up ds18b20 sensor? Lets do some diagnostics, I am sure we can fix this.
whats the output of these commands:
Code:
sudo ls /sys/bus/w1/devices
and
Code:
sudo lsmod

Schreiber

Leviathan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what username /password you are using? You should not need any incognitor mode or different browser if you can delete the cache of your current browser (refresh or Ctl + Shift +F5)

Using reef-pi & reef-pi. I tried deleting the cache with no results. I've just decided to format my SD card & start with a fresh Raspbian install.

Schreiber

Leviathan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On another note, for anyone wiring up a power control setup. The diagram on the reef-pi site is wrong, the black ground wire should be moved one pin to the right of where it is (or any of the other ground pins). Just talked to Ranjib about it & he said he'd update it in the doc. But until then, it'd be good to post the info so everyone can see.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers,
I have release reef-pi 0.9 . Highlight of this release is "Alert" capabilities. reef-pi can now be configured to send email alert (in US this can also be used to send text/sms alerts) if reef-pi detects critical aspects of the tank or the controller is out of bound. As of now, alerts are integrated with temperature (outside a specified range), ato (pump running longer than expected) and cpu/memory consumption (above a maximum threshold) . Email settings (smtp server, username, password etc) are configured along side telemetry (adafruit.io) under configuration tab.
This release also fixed and updated the UI test (i had shared the video couple of pages earlier) and couple of bug fixes.
One of the breaking changes of this release is that users have to re-specify their adafruit.io settings , since they are moved /clubbed with alert settings under a dedicated "telemetry" section inside configuration tab.

Note: this is the last release with any new feature for 1.0. From now on reef-pi will only have bug fixes or UI improvements (i.e. 0.9.x series) till we hit 1.0 release. New features (ph/doser/wave maker) will be based of 1.0 branch and will start appearing on 1.x series.

Release packages can be found in usual location: https://github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/releases/tag/0.9

happy reefing,

Back