reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have published 0.7 release of reef-pi, which adds authentication support. From this release onward all reef-pi operations will be authenticated. By default the credential will be "reef-pi" user and "reef-pi" password.
Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 10.32.14 PM.png

Once logged in, users can update default username and password from system tab

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 10.32.56 PM.png

Release packages can be found in usual location: https://github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/releases/tag/0.7

happy reef keeping

Cary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be a silly question regarding user id and password. Is this a different user id and password than the one used to access the Pi?

I assume, based on the user id you entered that it is.
thanks

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be a silly question regarding user id and password. Is this a different user id and password than the one used to access the Pi?

I assume, based on the user id you entered that it is.
thanks
yes, it is different from the Raspberry Pi ssh login credentials. Remember by default reef-pi credentials (usernme and password) will be set to (reef-pi, reef-pi) . I'll recommending users to reset the credentials as part of installation process.

Will Milberger

Aggie Aquarist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reef-pi the software itself allow sunrise/sunset and on-demand dimming features. The standard electronics generate 5v pwm , you can convert that to any type of required signal using hanful of transistor/capacitors, depending upon your lighting equipment. The build guide covers how to do it for Kessil lights.
https://reef-pi.github.io/build-guides/lighting/
There are folks who have used it with blackboxes, .
Storm and other features might be available in next version, and not a priority for the upcoming 1.0 release (around X-mas)

reef-pi the software itself does not have anything raspberry pi specific and should run anywhere if linux is available. The standard installation files are available on both ARM6 (pi zero) and ARM7 (Pi 3). If your board uses one of these processor, then you should be able to use the packages as it is. Otherwise, you have to compile it on your own.
BTW, i just looked at the price of this board, it looks more expensive than pi3 (wifi), definitely more than pi zero (10$)

Forgot about that. I am running Mint on my big box, but it's a little far from the aquariums though.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot about that. I am running Mint on my big box, but it's a little far from the aquariums though.
Should be fine. If I recall correctly, mint is ubuntu derivative, and uses systemd. reef-pi should work just fine.

Somnifac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put an order in for my relay board, PCA9685 board, required resistors, transistors, breadboard and assorted wires today. So I can actually start building in the next couple of days.

Should be fun.

Also thinking of putting together a guild for installing and configuring completely headless. Some people have expressed that it's s pain for them to hook up to a display for initial config. Thoughts? Useful?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put an order in for my relay board, PCA9685 board, required resistors, transistors, breadboard and assorted wires today. So I can actually start building in the next couple of days.

Should be fun.

Also thinking of putting together a guild for installing and configuring completely headless. Some people have expressed that it's s pain for them to hook up to a display for initial config. Thoughts? Useful?
absolutely

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ill be working on my relays and power bar tomorrow are we doing a combination of NO and NC or all NO also I have the temp probe working the last couple days with no problems
You can configure them whatever way you prefer, reef-pi now support per outlet NC/NO option (its labeled as "reverse" in the ui)

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Note that when you are setting these up, NO is standard for reef-pi. So reverse the ones that you want NC.
Does it make sense to update change the UI text from "reverse" to "NC" ?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back