Rating - 0%
0   0   0

neohusky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@theatrus thanks for you continued work
and support on the pico board. Whilst waiting for more stock to be available on your site I wanted to look further into the ph probe options that with be available via reef-pi 3.0.

Which ph board/probe combos would be most compatible/recommended with the pico moving forward?

OP
OP
theatrus

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@theatrus thanks for you continued work
and support on the pico board. Whilst waiting for more stock to be available on your site I wanted to look further into the ph probe options that with be available via reef-pi 3.0.

Which ph board/probe combos would be most compatible/recommended with the pico moving forward?

I’ve been testing with the BRS Double Junction probes, the Extech probes (short cable!) and the American Marine Pinpoint probes.

Any single or double junction probe will work. The super cheap Chinese probes also work but they’re pretty all over the map and drift fast.

OP
OP
theatrus

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried the Milwaukee Instruments MA911B/2 electrode? I use these in all my tanks and also in our aquatics facility. Very stable, reliable, and moderately priced.

Not yet, but I expect it to work well. Might put them into my replacement mix of probes.

I've found most probes have a useful lifetime of about 2 years before their calibration starts drifting faster than I want to bother with.

OP
OP
theatrus

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea thats obvious......;Facepalm but does not contain things like the pca9685.....

Yeah, no PWM dimming on board. Though you can add a PCA9685 externally on the I2C port.

I'm still looking at the right mix of things to load onto a future version of the board (and not make it so expensive no one will want it), and also not a rats nest of add-on modules for every little function.

My current line of thinking is to distill some of the functionality on the Pico into a "Core" USB module. Not limited to the PiZero, and also frees up the Pi GPIO for whatever else you may want down the road. Includes more logic GPIO (including compatible with the float sensors), the DB9 ADJ driver, PWM, some form of temperature sensor (driver HAL for Reef-Pi still pending for this) and a few 12V pump outputs. If I throw things into an enclosure (e.g. https://www.hammfg.com/files/products/1455/1455l802.jpg ), I may be able to stack some connectors two high by including a top and bottom board. Its the same chassis as https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/all-in-one-led-controller-dimmer-driver-project.558930/

I've also taken a liking to the ESP32 line of controllers, despite their huge quirks and oddities, they have been shaping up pretty well, and at $3 a module you can't really beat the functionality for cost if you want WiFi. We will see how that works out :)

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

robottaway

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news, the got issues with board sorted. Temp probe and ADJ bar are setup on a new tank I'm building and working. Seems my pin to power outlet mapping is not ordered correctly so I need to hammer that out.

I am not sure how to get the 0-10v setup with my 2 Kessils. Blew about 30 minutes sifting through this thread to no avail. Anyone have a link handy to that information?

OP
OP
theatrus

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
theatrus

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Building some of the last of the bare panels on hand today.
9c0ff9cfe568247cce6b05c2ccff0392.jpg

More boards soon!

OP
OP
theatrus

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news, the got issues with board sorted. Temp probe and ADJ bar are setup on a new tank I'm building and working. Seems my pin to power outlet mapping is not ordered correctly so I need to hammer that out.

I am not sure how to get the 0-10v setup with my 2 Kessils. Blew about 30 minutes sifting through this thread to no avail. Anyone have a link handy to that information?

The wiring is:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef-pi-base-boards.499890/page-11#post-5532750

Make sure you use the boot.txt file to enable the PWM on the proper pins (not the default)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back