Reef-Pi Controllers: New all-in-one with power bar, and the original Pico

Matevz Savarin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought ML reef pi hat v2 and isolted ph probe and 16 ch i2c 2A solid state relays Now I need to find hdmi lcd to go with it. Most of them use hat. Anyone knows for any with only hdmi connection and up to 5”

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought ML reef pi hat v2 and isolted ph probe and 16 ch i2c 2A solid state relays Now I need to find hdmi lcd to go with it. Most of them use hat. Anyone knows for any with only hdmi connection and up to 5”

Or you could go the route of Raspberry Pi specific LCDs, they're around $40-50.

Last edited:

Matevz Savarin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! This one is a little expensive I will take a look at ebay for others, my other question is do I need better berry as zero for gui and monitor? I have ordered zero but I can buy another and return zero..I was reading some threats and looks like zero doesnt like web gui..I would have lcd integrated near display tank runing it 24/7.

z0mbeh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! This one is a little expensive I will take a look at ebay for others, my other question is do I need better berry as zero for gui and monitor? I have ordered zero but I can buy another and return zero..I was reading some threats and looks like zero doesnt like web gui..I would have lcd integrated near display tank runing it 24/7.
You could always use a cheap amazon fire tablet or something.

Matevz Savarin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this one for 36€ thats 45$..

169CCE92-CBB0-442C-977E-C8DF1717C48F.png

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Zero does fine with web UI via tablet, phone, whatever. But it may bog down a bit down the road if you start hooking up a lot of sensors etc. and have frequent polling requests and/or run a bunch of macros/timers. But of course full pie 3 or 4 will have more muscle, especially the 4 with 2+ gig of ram... But honestly that may be overkill.

I run mine with An original Ras Pi 3 w/ 1gig of ram, but I want the ability to reliably run remote desktop on it so access it outside of my home network.

Matevz Savarin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for information. So I will try zero first then I will see how it goes. I am new at raspbberry... ok so I can hook my I pad or old iphone 6s as monitor via wifi? Ok I will try lcd I ordered first.
I am planing to use reef pi as relay switch for all wave makers (5), main pump, heater, ca reactor, temp and ph meter, skimmer, 2 t5 lights and 5 channel led lights.
Now I have all lights on wifi controller and sonoff wifi switches.. All other stuff is just pluged in not monitoring anything, exept temp is controlled with wifi switches and fans.

OP
OP
theatrus

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The current plan is to make one more run of RevD boards before the RevE board. I’ve removed some hardware on the RevE and added other I/O (PWM, DC pump) in a bit of a modular layout.

If you emailed my support address, I’ve also had a number of issues with outbound email due to a silly but annoying mistake with SPF records and a change of the underlying AWS IP that it was using. Please ping again with issues if it doesn’t look like I replied.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back