Reef-Pi I2C sensor connection handling ?

Sral

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi everybody,

as I have already mentioned in the main reef-Pi thread: the documentation is a bit lacking, so I'll ask here:

Can reef-Pi handle I2C or SPI sensors with their custom commands and for example multiple measurement values ?
I'm thinking, for example, about this CO2, Temperature+Humidity Sensor with calibration commands. I would like to log those values with reef-pi, is that easily possible (e.g. by declaring the write/read structure in reef-Pi), or do I have to code that myself ?

Top Shelf Aquatics

robsworld78

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi everybody,

as I have already mentioned in the main reef-Pi thread: the documentation is a bit lacking, so I'll ask here:

Can reef-Pi handle I2C or SPI sensors with their custom commands and for example multiple measurement values ?
I'm thinking, for example, about this CO2, Temperature+Humidity Sensor with calibration commands. I would like to log those values with reef-pi, is that easily possible (e.g. by declaring the write/read structure in reef-Pi), or do I have to code that myself ?
Reef-pi can handle any sensor as it has a file input driver that will import values from text file that can be used through the pH tab. If you can't edit reef-pi directly you can setup an extra script to run full time on the Pi in the background that would read the sensor and save parameter to text file so reef-pi can read it. Here's an example of how you would do such a thing.

What are all the ways you "filter" your reef aquarium?

• Chemical Filter Media

Votes: 188 47.4%
  • Skimmer

Votes: 327 82.4%
  • Natural Methods (rock, sand etc)

Votes: 341 85.9%
  • Algae Scrubber/Reactor

Votes: 53 13.4%
  • Rollermats

Votes: 68 17.1%
  • Filter Socks/Pads

Votes: 218 54.9%