Reef-Pi I2C sensor connection handling ?

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody,

as I have already mentioned in the main reef-Pi thread: the documentation is a bit lacking, so I'll ask here:

Can reef-Pi handle I2C or SPI sensors with their custom commands and for example multiple measurement values ?
I'm thinking, for example, about this CO2, Temperature+Humidity Sensor with calibration commands. I would like to log those values with reef-pi, is that easily possible (e.g. by declaring the write/read structure in reef-Pi), or do I have to code that myself ?

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody,

as I have already mentioned in the main reef-Pi thread: the documentation is a bit lacking, so I'll ask here:

Can reef-Pi handle I2C or SPI sensors with their custom commands and for example multiple measurement values ?
I'm thinking, for example, about this CO2, Temperature+Humidity Sensor with calibration commands. I would like to log those values with reef-pi, is that easily possible (e.g. by declaring the write/read structure in reef-Pi), or do I have to code that myself ?
Reef-pi can handle any sensor as it has a file input driver that will import values from text file that can be used through the pH tab. If you can't edit reef-pi directly you can setup an extra script to run full time on the Pi in the background that would read the sensor and save parameter to text file so reef-pi can read it. Here's an example of how you would do such a thing.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back