Reef Pi / Robo Tank Lighting - Help Needed

AquaKey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@robsworld78 - Trying to get the lighting setup with reef pi and robo tank but running into an issue. Tested with my multimeter and looks like reef pi is only changing the voltage on ch1 (Max 10v or 5v depending on the dip switches) all other channels only output 12v no matter what I change in reef pi.

It's the latest robo tank, pi zero w 2 (as the deluxe package). Reef pi 5.2. Attached is the setting on the pins, matches the manual. Have reloaded/rebooted multiple times. I've tried the 3.5mm plugs and the screw terminal pins too, same behavior. The dip switches also have no effect on ch 2-8.

Any thoughts? Happy to diagnose with some guidance.

Screenshot_2022-06-18-21-41-06-21_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpeg

OP
OP
AquaKey

AquaKey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#MODS - Could you please move this to DIY --> Reef Pi forum, I accidentally posted in the wrong forum. Thanks!

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@robsworld78 - Trying to get the lighting setup with reef pi and robo tank but running into an issue. Tested with my multimeter and looks like reef pi is only changing the voltage on ch1 (Max 10v or 5v depending on the dip switches) all other channels only output 12v no matter what I change in reef pi.

It's the latest robo tank, pi zero w 2 (as the deluxe package). Reef pi 5.2. Attached is the setting on the pins, matches the manual. Have reloaded/rebooted multiple times. I've tried the 3.5mm plugs and the screw terminal pins too, same behavior. The dip switches also have no effect on ch 2-8.

Any thoughts? Happy to diagnose with some guidance.

Screenshot_2022-06-18-21-41-06-21_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpeg

Great thanks, lets see what you get on the controller board. The pins for the PWM channels are correct.

If you open the controller you'll see a row of 16 resistors behind the RJ45's, these are all 0-5v PWM signals. With all the ports turned on check the voltage on either side of the resistor, they should all be 5v when set to 100%. I circled a could ground points in black that you can use.

PWM-outputs.jpg

OP
OP
AquaKey

AquaKey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thanks, lets see what you get on the controller board. The pins for the PWM channels are correct.

If you open the controller you'll see a row of 16 resistors behind the RJ45's, these are all 0-5v PWM signals. With all the ports turned on check the voltage on either side of the resistor, they should all be 5v when set to 100%. I circled a could ground points in black that you can use.

PWM-outputs.jpg
Yep, they all output 5v when I set them to max.

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, totally my fault, figured out my problem. Since I had the doser setup for awhile, I forget there is another cat5 cable for the additional pins driving the LED channels (facepalm) sorry! Thanks for the help.
Haha, no worries, I should have spotted that immediately, channel 1 was working because it's sent though the other cable.

Back